Nvidia Points Finger at AMD's Image Quality Cheat

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

notsonoobPCguy

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
First off thanks for complementing me on my username, it took me a while to figure out. Secondly ATi (not AMD) is a smaller company if you haven't heard the news they have split up yet. I didn't click your link but I know ATi targets nVidia in temp/powerconsumption and performance. So what? Most ATi cards actually use less energy and usually run cooler than their nVidia counterparts. Also try not add fuel to this flame war, but in the end ATi comes back stronger and more technically advanced (DX11 came out much earlier on ATi cards) than nVidia and a bunch of other things. Thanks :)

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
These actions were always to be expected from Nvidia, whether its true or just a hokum. A strategy to hold up your enemy by using propaganda until it buys you enough time to counter the imminent threat (Radeon 6900 series).

mronionknight

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
All this tells people is that Nvidia is scared of the HD 69XX. Right during its release time it go crying.

Besides I didn't hear anyone cry about the GTX 580 drivers which they purposely didn't release to the GTX 480 owners (because after hacking those drivers, it gave the GTX 480 a 5% performance boost)

G

Have you tried to test a graphics card with the toughest test of them all by the very popular freeware Furmark.

Sure you have!

Furmark is so revealing of a cards weaknesses (e.g. like inability to keep temperature under control) that nVidia has implemented a software sensor just to detect if Furmark is running, and if it is, reduce the load on the graphics card.

K3vBot6000

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
It is sad that both companies practice deplorable behavior like this. Competition is great but I wish it would get a little more clean between the two.

kathiki

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Both companies are accountable for serious market ploys to mislead the market to up their sales...... BOTH companies also have used / abused the market to make serious profit......

I bought my 5870 a few days before the original launch 2 years ago at a promotional price of 359 Euros..... that price skyrocketed when Nvidia was unable to compete with a new product..... So who abused the market back then?

Who is abusing the market now with Physix crap and "the way it is meant to be played" under the table optimizations?

I like performance yes, i have been changing my cards a bit often but i like my radeon not because it is the fastets but also because i can just leave that pc idle at low power consumption...

Nvidia can basically suck it up when trying these slimy marketing crap...

What we consumers need is good competition for lower prices.... Don't we all consumers wonder how the heck prices fall so steep when one company produces a bombshell and the other has to keep up? Now that is a market abuse....

G

Oh for crying out loud, are you kidding me?! In a dog eat dog world nvidia is suddenly a saint just just by blowing the wistle on AMD first? You kids need to grow up.

epdark

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Radeon 6850 is pound for pound the best price vs value card on the market, so who cares? I realy like nVidia but they have a truly uphill battle in the future against the two-headed dragon that is AMD(ati)

Status
Not open for further replies.