Nvidia Rebrands Two Graphics Cards as 600 Series for OEMs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
honestly so what if they rebrand OEM entry level parts, you know who buys those people that don't know anything about computer and people that probably don't need anything with more power than to run an hd movie

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Why cant they release the GK107 kepler chip already? GK107 is like a quarter the size of GK104. thats should do some major blow to Radeon 5670 easily without much prob.[/citation]

Because they need to save it as competition for whatever AMD has next. They hold out and release it right after. Besides they're already ahead slightly right now.

f-14

Distinguished
so long as their price reflects their performance and not the brand or manufacturer name it's fine by me, that's what graphics reviews and charts are and store demos are for :)

AMD/ATI has done the same thing. I believe all of their new laptop chips are rebrands this time arround. Toms had an article a few weeks ago about it.
Did not recieve this much attention.
So you will never buy another video card? Or is it OK for AMD/ATI to do this but not Nvidia?
Intel does this too every other release. Ivy is a die shrunk sandy with a few small tweeks. So mark them off your list too!
Mark AMD off also. Phenom 2 is a die shrunk tweeked Phenom.
So now we are just down to VIA in the X-86 market . Cross them of your list too! the are also guilty.
Apple-quilty
Samsung-Guilty
Looks like you will never buy another computer,phone,TV,disk player,CAR etc they all do it!

G

I have this card, the """"Geforce 605 1GB"""" it came with an ACER x3999, it's better than a IGPU card but doesn't justify it's price, the Acer costs 400£....you can make an awesome rig with that money..

Status
Not open for further replies.