Nvidia Releases New Driver Ahead Of 'Call Of Duty Black Ops III' Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlguy239

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012

Your second guess is correct. Simply download the game-ready drivers via the Geforce Experience software, and you're eligible!

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
So im eligible if I download the driver right now? Im a bit confused because pcworld said this at the bottom of the article I linked below "Nvidia didn’t announce exactly when the giveaway kicks-off or when it will end." And it doesn't say anything in geforce experience about it that I can find. Also to people that dont know I believe you need a nvidia account, if it says not logged in at the top right of your geforce experience app you need to make an account before you are eligible.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3000782/software-games/nvidia-readies-game-ready-driver-flood-100k-in-prizes-for-geforce-experience-push.html

toddybody

Distinguished
LONG time nVidia user...

I think the plans to withhold game-ready drivers from non-GeForce Experience users is pretty lame. Not only did I have to muck with w10's desire to auto manage drivers for me, now I need ANOTHER SW utility to manage something that's pretty basic. If I want GeForce Experience for game optimization, recording, etc...I'll download it.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
"Guies, there's a new game using a six year old engine! Quick, optimistise for it!"

Toms, can you please, please do a back to back comparison of the new driver vs an older version? My snake oil sense is tingling something fierce.

kiniku

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
"Guies, there's a new game using a six year old engine! Quick, optimistise for it!"

Toms, can you please, please do a back to back comparison of the new driver vs an older version? My snake oil sense is tingling something fierce.
Sure. Since every game that uses the same engine is exactly the same. Brilliant.

kewlguy239

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012
The most interesting news regarding Nvidia driver releases is this one:

New NVIDIA GeForce driver 358.66 shows Vulkan Pascal and Volta support
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/new-nvidia-geforce-driver-358-66-shows-vulkan-pascal-and-volta-support.html

Although that is very interesting driver news, these notes do not apply to this driver release, version 358.87. After scouring the patch notes for this article from top to bottom, no new information concerning Vulkan, Pascal or Volta support was disclosed or even mentioned.

I personally can't wait for Pascal and Vulkan, but past that previous driver release you mentioned, it doesn't seem Nvidia is gearing up for a debut anytime soon.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
@kinku when its something as "demanding" as CoD is if you can't run the game at an acceptable framerate youb should look on craigslist for a more modern card, like a GT8800 or a 3850...

And even more suspicious is reports from people that updating their drivers "magically fixed" the newest CoD being unable to play on their system.

https://youtu.be/SrGWjvbdlRQ?t=1m18s

My bullshit meter needs a new needle after hearing what is said.

Somasonic

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014

I'm going to assume you're talking about Fallout 4 and based on that assumption I'm going to tell you they've made major upgrades to the engine that would require optimsing/reoptimising. If you're not talking about F4 forget I said anything :)

Not to mention the other Fallout games were all DirectX 9, and Fallout 4 is DirectX 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.