[SOLVED] Nvidia RTX 2060 or Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q?

jorge_medion

Honorable
Jan 20, 2018
I'm in the market for a new gaming laptop. After a quick research, I realized that in general RTX 2060 and RTX 2070 Max-Q have a similar performance, but in benchmarks, sometimes RTX 2070 Max-Q beats RTX 2060 and the opposite happens as well. So I can't decide which GPU is better for a gaming laptop.

Solution
They are about the same. But the Max-Q should use less power for same performance and therefore you should get better battery life. On normal raster based graphics both card perform very similar. I would think you should also see better performance with the 2070 max-q when you are playing games with Ray tracing. It has more RT units. Either way, both are very good graphic chips for a gaming laptop. If the laptop has FullHD screen both will be practically the same. If you plan to play higher resolutions, go with the 2070 max-q.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
They are about the same. But the Max-Q should use less power for same performance and therefore you should get better battery life. On normal raster based graphics both card perform very similar. I would think you should also see better performance with the 2070 max-q when you are playing games with Ray tracing. It has more RT units. Either way, both are very good graphic chips for a gaming laptop. If the laptop has FullHD screen both will be practically the same. If you plan to play higher resolutions, go with the 2070 max-q.

Solution