News Nvidia RTX 4060 Specs Leak Claims Fewer CUDA Cores, VRAM Than RTX 3060

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KyaraM

Admirable
For that money, I would get the A770, too. Heck, I would get it for 300, too. It's a really good card, and my beloved 1070 in the second system is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Ar558

Proper
Dec 13, 2022
Just 8GB VRAM in 2023, wow.

A game like Hogwarths Legacy uses more in 1080p.

And with consoles having 16GB shared VRAM, 8GB is a serious problem for any cross platform title.

This card better be around $200 or something, because it's already behind the curve.

l-n-mn-n.jpg
Nope it'll be ~$500, Nvidia have gotten to the point where there contempt for the customer is a rivalling those evil c##ts at Apple. This product is an insult to anyone with an IQ over 2, it's the worst type of manipulation of their semi monopoly, worse specs across the board, while I'm sure they will find a way to make the actual performance marginal faster they are deliberately hamstring these products to ensure there is no growth in price to performance and to destroy any ability to use these GPU's for anything other than games with the bandwidth cuts. It's sad that there a few other options and too many who would give hundreds of dollars to Nvidia even if they literally s##t in a box and put it on a shelf.

KyaraM

Admirable
Thanks for sharing your numbers! : )

I said this about DirectStorage in Forspoken, and I'll say it about VRAM in Hogwarts: this is ONE very badly optimized game. Let's wait for some more "new gen" games, and have a sample size of more than one or two (and from multiple sources), before making any definitive declarations about VRAM.
Follow up. I tested some more and found a benchmark that aligns perfectly with what I see myself. I posted it here (no need for double posting...):

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/fps-drops-dramatically-rtx-3070.3796690/post-22936153

AgentBirdnest

Respectable
Jun 8, 2022
Follow up. I tested some more and found a benchmark that aligns perfectly with what I see myself. I posted it here (no need for double posting...):

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/fps-drops-dramatically-rtx-3070.3796690/post-22936153
Thanks! And thanks for all the info you've gathered, including your own. Very nice work.
As someone who is planning to buy the game (once I'm in the mood to play another RPG), and am in the market for a new GPU, this is really good info to know. : )

Reactions: KyaraM