News Nvidia RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Alleged Launch Date Revealed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 7, 2023
12GB of VRAM is more than enough for games.

No it is not. Maybe back in Turing times it was enough but not anymore. I had great results going to 3090 from 3080ti in DCS World VR for example which is well known for stuttering with under 16 gb vram cards. Also even many older games with 4k texture packs need more than 12gb.

Yes, you can get away with it for _most_ games for now, but for how long.. But how useful is that amount of vram on a budget card since it propably cant run the games requiring that much vram that well anyway.

D

Deleted member 2950210

No it is not. Maybe back in Turing times it was enough but not anymore. I had great results going to 3090 from 3080ti in DCS World VR for example which is well known for stuttering with under 16 gb vram cards. Also even many older games with 4k texture packs need more than 12gb.

Yes, you can get away with it for _most_ games for now, but for how long.. But how useful is that amount of vram on a budget card since it propably cant run the games requiring that much vram that well anyway.

Couldn't agree more. I can think of half a dozen games that could eat 12 GB GPUs alive.

D

Deleted member 2950210

Kinda new to the serious game genre - mind listing a few, please?

Far Cry 6, Resident Evil 4 remake, Jedi Survivor, The Last Of Us, Lord of the Rings: Gollum and Atomic Heart, are some of the games that can give a hard time to a GPU like 4070 Ti, for example.