Nvidia Shadowplay Red line????

Ethanh100

Honorable
Hey,
I found out about shadowplay and wanted to use it, however I currently have the gt 610 which is unsupported by this application. So i scoured the internet looking for ways to do it on unsupported cards and I found a way involving creating a shortcut for the application, going to properties and editing the target by adding " -shadowplay -gamestream" (quotes not included) to the end of this target path. This is forcing the shadowplay feature to run even though its not supported. now when i opened it up it showed the icon in the corner and in about 2 seconds, it had the red line though it. I know that it is not the disk space problem because i had it on a folder on my desktop (750gb free) my videos folder (again 750 free) and i put it on a black 50gb hard drive. Can someone please help me fix this because this is a great program and i would really like to use it. Thanks!

Solution
The reason Shadowplay only supports certain models of GPUs is because it uses H2.64 hardware decoding circuitry that's built into only certain chips.

Hard to say exactly what you read that led you to believe otherwise, but it sounds like one of those net schemes to get hit points.

emdea22

Distinguished
So let me get this straight:
You want to both play a game on a very weak gpu and also record gameplay with it on top of the fact that the card is unsupported?!?

Even IF, and thats a big "if", you could use shadowplay on that card - there is nowhere near enough power for it to do encoding.

The reason Shadowplay only supports certain models of GPUs is because it uses H2.64 hardware decoding circuitry that's built into only certain chips.

Hard to say exactly what you read that led you to believe otherwise, but it sounds like one of those net schemes to get hit points.

Solution