Nvidia Shows Off Tegra 3 Optimized Games at MWC 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I didn't think phones would shadow the PSVita this quick, but it's to be expected when something is highly optimized. Now we just need more bluetooth/usb compatible joysticks to make these games worth playing.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]i didnt know FPS games for phones had such good graphics[/citation]

Yeah, ShadowGun is the FPS they show in that video and it can be played on current tegra 2 phones, theres cracks that allow it to work on adreno gpu's as well. Gorgeous game for a phone.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
People nit picking about the controls are being over critical. You have a phone/tablet with bluetooth, usb, and hdmi and your moaning about the controls? It also happens to have multi touch display in your hands like recently announced, but unreleased Wii U.

So basically you can take your pick from bluetooth peripherals like wii and ps3 peripherals just so happen to be along with usb ones like xbox and pc happen to be. On top of that you can display it via HDMI to a HDMI device and with wifi you can remote desktop it to a pc in a different room to your HDTV for example. Hell if you have 2 one can be used as a Wii U style multitouch peripheral and the other to stream to the HDTV.

You might even be able to setup softh and remote desktop to it honestly for extra resolution and multitouch control functionality for your desktop pc.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
[citation][nom]hahchbnm[/nom]Yeah... the lack of dedicated buttons and analog sticks are still a big negative for phone gaming.[/citation] Bluetooth/USB stop acting like it's a issue PS3/Wii controller/mouse/keyboard/xbox360 controller and even kinect can be made to work with ice cream sandwich.

G

nice looks but you get to see the crappiness in details after playing these for a few minutes.. what a waste of good gpu

G

Some of these games were available on tegra2, as for it being better than the vita you don't have as controlled a development platform with this as you do with vita. You're going to have several different hardware config's available for the phone that you don't have to contend with on the vita.

I like that phones are more capable now than ever before, but until I find a control scheme that doesn't involve my fat fingers taking up screen real estate I don't see this taking over the mobile gaming market totally.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
remember if you are running android, you can use a wireless PS3 controller with your phone to play those games on the go.

touchscreen controls suck, it is very hard to respond quickly with them, but with a controller, you can get a console like experience (better than the PSP can provide as you actually have a full sized controller (great for long trips on if you are stuck on a long boring flight)

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Omega21XX[/nom]I didn't think phones would shadow the PSVita this quick, but it's to be expected when something is highly optimized. Now we just need more bluetooth/usb compatible joysticks to make these games worth playing.[/citation]

or a ps3 controller

dmikov

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Mobile gaming and you talking usb/bluetooth or even better some 6 handed indian god by the looks of it wants to use mouse/keyboard. If you are holding separate controller in your hands what are you holding phone in? Are you balancing it on your ... that is if you are a guy.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]or a ps3 controller[/citation]

Yeah, which connects through bluetooth. Regardless there aren't many games supported with anything but the on screen controls, even if you have an Xperia Play most games don't take advantage. I guess my point was that they need to expand compatibility, especially in HTC phones with Sense, which gimps your bluetooth functionality, meaning no wiimote or ps3 controller compatibility. As much as I like CM9, I don't like losing the look and feel of sense just to play a few emulators on my phone (since hardly any game supports external controllers aside from emulators)

G

i have the asus transformer prime tf201 that they are using in the videos all i can say about it is that the graphics kill the vita's and there is way more games out for android also tho only a good dozen or so that actually use tegra 3 so far but the list it constantly growing,i use a ps3 controller with Bluetooth with mine and absolutely love it.best part with these devices are that gaming is just one thing there great at you can do just about anything with them nice web browsing,gps maps,tons of apps great for music,you name it they can do it and for only $500 for a 32 gig with a sd card slot so you can ad more anytime you like you cant go wrong=)

Status
Not open for further replies.