Nvidia: Tegra 2 is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness Flame

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
The Zune HD is probably the best known Tegra device out right now. According to everything I've read, it is rather powerful device, that's still lightweight and power efficient. If nVidia is making this even better, than I can't wait for the second Zune HD to use it.

johntram

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
does that mean that the integra's technology will impact cell-phones or other devices...where are we going...?

G

Wow, the graphics would be amazing with the Tegra 2, so let's hope the DS2 uses it and comes out late 2010/early 2011 (wouldn't be surprised if it's another 2 years though).

[citation][nom]Darkness Flame[/nom]The Zune HD is probably the best known Tegra device out right now. According to everything I've read, it is rather powerful device, that's still lightweight and power efficient. If nVidia is making this even better, than I can't wait for the second Zune HD to use it.[/citation]
I recently got one, and I have to say - it has impressive graphics and battery life. I'm definitely impressed by the Tegra 1, so as long as Tegra 2 is similar (with improvements of course), it will be a great setup.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
" It is ironic is that they talk about their advantage is the same exact argument we have in the PC space regards to Intel."

But, for some reason I cannot understand, AMD bought ATI, so I guess they know something about GPU... which Intel does not. And also about CPU, which YOU do not. Nvidia can't say AMD failed because it never tried.

G

I don't need computer intensive, and neither do many other people...
More computer intensive programs only use more energy, lower battery life, lower performance, and don't guarantee on an easier to understand program. If I can browse folders with a basic linux, no need for all the extra visuals Windows brings.
I honestly hardly use a windows app anymore that isn't available on Linux.

If I can choose between $200 netbook, that is like current atom processor netbooks, and has 12 hours of battery life, or choose a better performing netbook for 600, with only 3 hours of battery life, you can bet I will go for the $200 one!

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
We want to deliver a Web computing experience that is better than on your PC. Today, if you take your PC and go to the Internet, you want to see high-definition in everything. You want to have fast response times and switching between your windows, you want to see high-definition videos, you want to see high-definition images, so, your experience is about HD Internet. Our objective with Tegra is to deliver the same experience to your handheld devices.

... What the hell? They just said they want to give you something better, but they're objective is to give you the same on a handheld. I'm confused here. Pray tell, what was the point of that paragraph?

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]traesta[/nom]im lost I still have no idea what is to be expected???[/citation]
Tegra 2 will be a new product with a new version number. That's what you can expect.

deck

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Until Tegra runs on platforms other than Windows CE, it is completly useless to me.

All I want is the Tegra chipset in a netbook running linux.

deathblooms2k1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]I don't need computer intensive, and neither do many other people...More computer intensive programs only use more energy, lower battery life, lower performance, and don't guarantee on an easier to understand program. If I can browse folders with a basic linux, no need for all the extra visuals Windows brings.I honestly hardly use a windows app anymore that isn't available on Linux.If I can choose between $200 netbook, that is like current atom processor netbooks, and has 12 hours of battery life, or choose a better performing netbook for 600, with only 3 hours of battery life, you can bet I will go for the $200 one![/citation]

That's cool, enjoy your ASCII games. I mean who wants to have a laptop on the go that they can watch movies on, or play games, or edit media? Computing power is overated. Typewriters are the ultimate on battery life.

I'll take linux over windows any day when it comes to server deployment. But even popular distros like Ubunto fail in comparison to Windows in terms of practicality for your typical average Joe's daily use. I know I know linux can do anything Windows can (but is it practical?), all you have to do is Load X, Y, and Z, then edit X, remove Z, reload W and run X.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Tegra, Nvidia's system-on-chip that powers the Zune HD delivers multimedia capabilities that, for the most part, are unmatched in the PMP realm.
I'm guessing that PMP stands for Portable Media Player in this context but then again, who knows?

A little less reliance on assuming your readers are in tune with every abbreviation and jargonized term would be a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.