Nvidia Uses Cartoon to Tease Intel Larrabee Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

2shea

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
Very nice... made me smile for a bit :) Too bad intel is shooting down the larrabee project, I had good hopes for it.

fatkid35

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
pretty cocky for a company that's been getting it's ass handed to them by ati for months now. but i guess thats how it goes. a year from now it might be the other way around.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Just when I was thinking they were getting soft. (Their initial response to the Larrabee delay was almost professional).

Good to see the green team hasn't changed.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
You know, ATI might have a faster card at the moment but that sure as hell doesn't mean they are SLAUGHTERING NVIDIA. Where does this crap come from? Anyway, cartoon is pretty witty. Also, I am officially NOT a fan boy of any kind. Well, maybe Photoshop but that's a different ballpark.

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
For months lol. Yea we all know how this cycle works. Ati is ahead now then Nvidia will release something and be ahead etc etc etc. Whats funny is ATI now has AMD behind them and they have yet to release something that is Truly an Nvidia killer. By adding Cudda Nvidia raised the stakes overall. Yes I know ATI has something similar but it does not seem to be embraced yet. I would love to see Nvidia comeout with there own CPU. An all Nvidia system me thinks would raise the bar on the whole CPU market.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]m3kt3k[/nom]For months lol. Yea we all know how this cycle works. Ati is ahead now then Nvidia will release something and be ahead etc etc etc. Whats funny is ATI now has AMD behind them and they have yet to release something that is Truly an Nvidia killer. By adding Cudda Nvidia raised the stakes overall. Yes I know ATI has something similar but it does not seem to be embraced yet. I would love to see Nvidia comeout with there own CPU. An all Nvidia system me thinks would raise the bar on the whole CPU market.[/citation]

Your an idiot, the 4870 was an Nvidia killer when it came out.

Railgun1369

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]thackstonns[/nom]Your an idiot, the 4870 was an Nvidia killer when it came out.[/citation]

Then you must be a bigger idiot. One, for calling someone else an idiot and two, for apparently not reading his post and/or taking his comment out of context. He said "Truly." At the time, it barely beat the GTX 280...

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/.../compare,745.html?prod[2113]=on&prod[2060]=on

Not to mention they leapfrog each other constantly. I have to agree...the 4870 was hardly a killer. It was marginally better at best.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]You know, ATI might have a faster card at the moment but that sure as hell doesn't mean they are SLAUGHTERING NVIDIA. Where does this crap come from? Anyway, cartoon is pretty witty. Also, I am officially NOT a fan boy of any kind. Well, maybe Photoshop but that's a different ballpark.[/citation]

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN........get out from under you rock man, ATI went king, all you can do is sit and wait to see what NVIDIA is doin all this time.

Bwa ha ha. Funny :D. Oh well. Intel really needs to release Larabee as a developer product for now. If they can get developers to write cool software for it, then they can hope to make it relevant and perhaps go from there to a consumer product. If developers give it a pass, then it's pretty doomed.

ptroen

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Amd is KING right now. I previously had a 8800 and then upgrade to the HD5870. Despite the 8800 having dx11 support, the HD5870 just SLAUGHTERS the 8800. It's not even remotly close. Amd is a king. But most importantly Amd got their drivers figured out which in the past was so annoying.

See nvidia can make as much PR propaganda as they wish but when it comes to actually making a card they have some catching up todo

ram1009

Distinguished
Seams to me Nvidia is selling plenty of cards based upon the quality of their drivers vs ATI's if nothing else. ATI may have the fastest cards but what percentage of buyers actually can afford them. If you aim only slightly lower like most of us Nvidia is more than competitive except for DX11. ATI has always had buggy drivers and still does according to the reviews I read.

that_aznpride101

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
[citation][nom]ram1009[/nom]Seams to me Nvidia is selling plenty of cards based upon the quality of their drivers vs ATI's if nothing else. ATI may have the fastest cards but what percentage of buyers actually can afford them. If you aim only slightly lower like most of us Nvidia is more than competitive except for DX11. ATI has always had buggy drivers and still does according to the reviews I read.[/citation]

ATI's video cards are quite cheap nowadays. Have you seen the prices drop on these things lately?

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Stupid of NVidia to do this, it's like tempting fate. Everyone should know not to tempt the bear. Just cause it looks slow and cuddly doesn't mean it can't rip your face off the moment it gets within reach.

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
[citation][nom]ptroen[/nom]Amd is KING right now. I previously had a 8800 and then upgrade to the HD5870. Despite the 8800 having dx11 support, the HD5870 just SLAUGHTERS the 8800. It's not even remotly close. [/citation]

Duh! It's only 2 generations newer tech. LOL!!!

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
[citation][nom]ptroen[/nom](...) Despite the 8800 having dx11 support, the HD5870 just SLAUGHTERS the 8800. (...)[/citation]

The sentence above doesn't make sense. The 8800 does NOT have DX11 support. It doesn't even have DX10.1 support, just DX10. So there is no "despite".

wira020

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]micr0be[/nom]WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN........get out from under you rock man, ATI went king, all you can do is sit and wait to see what NVIDIA is doin all this time.[/citation]

couldnt agree more... ati came out with dx11 cards that are better than current nvidia gpu flagship... and eyeinfinity adds to the pain... nvidia's fermi nowhere to be seen.. if current rumour are true, fermi can come out as late as q2 2010 which is when ati plan to come out with new gpu flagship... NVIDIA will be 1 generation BEATEN by then!

You dont need an official body to hands out the gpu crown to determine who's on top... nope, you just need your brain...

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
lol nothing about ati in this and ofc this becomes an ATI fanboy vs Nvidia fanboy war. lol you can't trash something that isn't out ie fermi as thats like trashing hover boots which don't exist you can't be fair if you never even seen the product. Intel failure to get larabee out on time releases pressure on nvidia to rushing the fermi out as there will be no gpgpu competition in a sense on htp. So what if 5870 whips all nvidia products ati is the one loosing out here when the production cycle still only yeilds 50% over at tsmc.

Status
Not open for further replies.