News Nvidia's 531.18 Driver Adds RTX Video Super Resolution Support

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Still only usable in chrome -_-
And Edge.
And not in all streaming. Youtube works, Netflix doesn't and smaller sites are hit or miss. What let's you know for sure it is working is the added power draw. It does make stuff look better, but isn't perfect. If you don't mind the power draw and ai artifacts it definitely is better. Personally I will keep it enabled.

kaalus

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
What we need is framerate amplification. It's likely all the dinosaurs that have been holding us back at 24fps for the last 30 years claiming some mythical "soap opera effect" have died out or gone into care homes, so maybe we can finally have new movies filmed at 60fps and existing movies enhanced from 24 to 60? After a year using 144fps desktop, the ridiculous 24 fps looks like I am watching a powerpoint presentation, not a movie.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
How I miss the basic features that are no longer available in these oversized drivers from Nvidia or AMD. Like having "pre-sets" or "profiles" that you can switch between, preferably from the taskbar icon, more preferably with keyboard shortcuts, to quickly change multiple settings like brightness / gamma / resolution / refresh ... etc.