Nvidia's Cartoons Continue to Poke Fun at Intel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

DirectX according to nVidia: pen and paper. These are the first DirectX 12 renderings. Yeah, go nVidia!

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]thepinkpanther[/nom]nvidia is asking for it[/citation]

Agreed. In many ways. Nothign against either of them and I actually like them both cause ive had multiple hardware purchases from both the past decades but one big example is all the lawsuits.. Nvidia is recognisable and this isnt some short of attack like Verizon Vs AT&T. This is serious consistant attack from NVidia tarwards Intel and I can see when Intel is all done paying whatever the hell they have to for all this mess, they will end up suing Nvidia for pushing it so much. Its no "Im better " or " Mine is bigger than yours" deal here.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
And the award for most mature corporation of the year goes to: Nvidia! lol if they are bought by Apple. If that's the case then have fun catering to only a meager 90% access to!

G

As much as I don't like Nvidia, those cartoons are right on the money...

I lol'ed hard with the AMD bump.

And guys, come on, it's nVidia. It's not like they're *not doing* anything ATM. It's just they're not advertising it aloud like they should. They'll come up with a good Video card sooner than later. Cause it's not like DX11 is gonna spread like AIDS among developers, right? lol

Cheers! xD!

G

I personally do not favor Intel over AMD or vice versa, but Intel has become pretty shady, Their business ethics are pretty bad. They are trying to force their products upon people rather than letting the consumer decide based on quality. Seems like they are pulling some pages from Microsoft's business model.

widcard

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
Nvidia can have it's fun. They may not find things so funny in 2010 if their Fermi costs too much and it's only a few more FPS faster over what ATI has out now. If any of you are thinking about buying a new card, get a 5870 now and give Nivida the finger.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
You can almost tell how many people here have nVidia or ATI cards based on who gets thumbed up and thumbed down. Gotta love fanboys' innate ability to reject any opinion other than their own. :D!

Anyway, it's an interesting marketing decision, but it's not a very good one. They need to be more concerned with the market share they're losing by being behind technological advancements. ATI has been sticking it to them in Price/Performance for a while now, but at least nVidia held the fastest card. Now, they don't really hold either... which is a dangerous place for them to be.

They really needed that next gen series for this Christmas... at the VERY least in time for Tax refunds.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]widcard[/nom]Nvidia can have it's fun. They may not find things so funny in 2010 if their Fermi costs too much and it's only a few more FPS faster over what ATI has out now. If any of you are thinking about buying a new card, get a 5870 now and give Nivida the finger.[/citation]

No problem, do you want my paypal info so you can send me $410? :D

Just kiddin'. You have a good point. It better eat Crysis for breakfast or cost chump change... otherwise they're going to be F'd.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]Nvidia dx11 get back to work you have fallen off.[/citation]
i like that one too , i think nvidia have talent to move into comic industry :p

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rambo117[/nom]those were great, made me laugh. I liked the monopoly one[/citation]
i like that one too , i think nvidia have talent to move into comic industry :p

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Too bad they are all true. I am currently using Intel's cpu and AMD's ATI. Nvidia is good as well. Honestly, i don't like Intel, i prefer AMD as the next major CPU producer. Too bad Intel's cpu are the best out there, AMD, make some good ones then i will buy yours. Nvidia and ATI, u both are good, go on making GPUs and i will buy any of yours based on price n performance ratio.

bgd73

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
to gain as more than following a leader...why not make avivo a real standard. that is unique to amd/ati. Everything else is a false claim to fame. Take it back to 386 to today. Who is the wannabe hero now? the benz crank is in a boxer...did japan call it that?

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]brockh[/nom]Intel should just make a cartoon depicting all the employees in Nvidia's (clearly labeled somewhere) R&D division making cartoons with a big sign on the door saying "Fermi test lab."[/citation]

lol............ that sounds more of an eric larsen cartoon from the far side.... with the grim reaper in the shadow of the door walking towards the door........

This from a company that believe sthat the next gen of DirectX is useless even though it has a lot of PC game companies excited and as well probably the next gen for consoles will rely upon DX11.

I could have sworn I heard something about a GPU from nV.... something called Ferrit?

Who knows. Maybe nV is happy with the G200 series. Or maybe we will have a G200 rebranded as a G300.......

brisingamen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
the one cartoon actually makes me wonder how much intel does make annually. . . . should intel have had to pay more?

i hope the FTC puts a hurtin on them big time, like BIG TIME!

brisingamen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
i hope nvidia smartens up and doesnt force themselves into any aquisition, they need to get a processor and video card out that people want to buy,

i desperatly hope intel gets knocked down a notch and does something worthwhile with thier integrated graphics, they have been punishing the public for years with thier horrid onboard solutions, lets hope they get punished in return!

and i im pretty sure amd's corperate strategy will pay off soon.
i see thier integrated cpu/gpu combo likely beating out intels in visual performance despite intels chez promo videos.

a big 3 of cpu/gpu manufacturers would be better than just two companies.

my fingers are definitly crossed, the public really wants intel, amd, and nvidia making cpu/gpu's in no less than 2 years from now on the shelves in a sexy 3 way! more power to the market vs lame intel. . .

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
OK i have to ask and obviously someone can answer me since there are so many DX11 comments here. Is there some huge library of DX11 games already available that I am unaware of? I know of Dirt2 and then one or two more due to release? Dirt2 must have revolutionized gaming for the buzz it gets (not being a smarta$$ it just gets an amazing reception for the genre it is or perhaps some trying to convince themselves they needed a 400 dollar video card to be "future proof" much like the quad core they bought a year ago that's now bordering obsolete).
FYI, just to help those that do not understand. Their R&D department doesn't do the cartoons, they work at a feverish pace rebranding old cards in the back room and on special occasion, come out with a new arch for their graphics line. Fermi= G92 with GDDR5 support??

brisingamen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
im quite sure a dozen big titles have been pushed back to Q1 2010 originally slated to be released for the holiday season to include dx11 support and features.

i believe
battleforge
dirt 2 "which is amazing btw"
stalker - call of pripyat

are dx11

with alien vs predator, battlefield bad company 2, of which ill be buying both, are due out q1 2010!

i know there are some games with dx11 updates in the works, . . and i know more games are due out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.