News Nvidia's LHR Limiter Has Fallen, But Gamers Shouldn't Worry

evilpaul

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
I'm getting 95 MH/s with T-Rex miner. The devs says they're working on bypassing LHR entirely, which should have the 3080 Ti perform the same as a 3090 are less power and lower MSRP. Ergo's algorithm is really the only other one affected.

TechLurker

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
At least Tom's tested the program this time, instead of pushing out malware like they did the last time, only withdrawing the link after however many people downloaded it from Tom's link to it.

Reactions: peachpuff
D

Deleted member 2783327

Please forgive my ignorance - I basically ignored the GPU market for years whilst prices were high. They are still well over MSRP here, but at least there is some downward movement finally (Still around double).

Does LHR affect anything other than mining? Do gaming, video editing or other GPU intensive tasks suffer because of LHR?

SirStephenH

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2015
Please forgive my ignorance - I basically ignored the GPU market for years whilst prices were high. They are still well over MSRP here, but at least there is some downward movement finally (Still around double).

Does LHR affect anything other than mining? Do gaming, video editing or other GPU intensive tasks suffer because of LHR?

All it affects is mining and it's only on the desktop cards, mobile cards are unrestricted.

korekan

Commendable
Jan 15, 2021
well it still not MSRP for now. while it should be far low below.
i hope everybody hold still so they decreased the price up to the normal or even better lower MSRP for the new cards but yea i can only dream of that.