Nvidia's Top Mobile Business Exec Mike Rayfield Resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I see any way nVidia has clearly screwed up in the mobile department; in fact it seems Tegra has been pretty good. I'm guessing he left voluntarily for a fatter paycheck somewhere else.

G

I grew up with PC's so I know the value of being able to customize and design. But all these companies really need to take a look at Apple. While NVIDIA, AMD, Intel etc create the tech, Apple simply uses it to be creative. If you think about it, its backwards really. How can those who create the technology be subservient to those that use it? Apple should be dependent on those it depends on.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
[citation][nom]leo2kp[/nom]Maybe they're all going to come together to make a sweet new company.[/citation]
Maybe they're members of the Illuminati and are preparing for the end of the world.

... No, probably not.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Whats up with all the resignations. OCZ, AMD, and nVidia all loosing top executives today...[/citation]

Conspiracy... be their powers combined, Cyrix will launch a new CPU, with integrated GPU and RAM built right in....

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Are you friggin' trolling me? Three in a row?
Either this is a very stupid kind of trolling, or those guys feel that The End of The World is coming closer.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I'm guessing his "mobile business" participation was in the processor segment (rather than GPU)? I mean, based on his background with TI.

I'm not enthusiastic about the Tegra platform. It's been over-hyped as a graphical-capable platform, but for general-use, it feels like no one has programed optimally for it (to the point where I think that Nvidia hadn't done enough on the programming-support side). That's my uninformed opinion. :)

[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]I grew up with PC's so I know the value of being able to customize and design. But all these companies really need to take a look at Apple. While NVIDIA, AMD, Intel etc create the tech, Apple simply uses it to be creative. If you think about it, its backwards really. How can those who create the technology be subservient to those that use it? Apple should be dependent on those it depends on.[/citation]
Apple is a product (and content-providing) company. They might have ARM design engineers employed, but they're a product company first. You can't run an engineering-oriented company like a product company and expect much of anything good. And if companies were run like Apple, we'd still be choked on Pentium 4's, with zero continual progress on the next newer technologies simply because we're dictated that "that's enough for anything you need to do." Thanks but no thanks. Not to mention the fact that Apple cares about dictating what their customers can do with their product, as opposed to the opposite which is necessary for development--listen to what your customers WANT to do. If you understood anything about Apple--pick up the SJ biography and you'll learn a bit--you'll know that it's all about funneling the customer into what Apple wants it to do, rather than allowing the customer to do what they want. You can't run every business with that mindset.

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Tegra needs to step it up a notch. I thought Nvidia was going to implement the Video Card development life cycle on mobile chips. But so far the Tegra chip seems stagnated at Tegra 3. I may be impatient but I need CUDA/HSA enabled Tegra 4's and for project Denver to stop being in the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS