[SOLVED] Nvlddmkm crash since yesterday: Driver issue or hardware?

K1llrzzZ

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
Hi! I installed the latest Nvidia driver yesterday (436.02), and today Battlefield V crashed 2 different times. Windows Event Viewer said the following: "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I never had this issue before. My GPU IS Asus RTX 2080 Ti Dual OC, I had it since 2018 November, no issues so far. When the game crashes the screen froze for a couple of seconds and then the game just stops running and drops me to desktop. No BSOD, no lockup, no artifacting, nothing so I hope this is a driver issue, since I did not have this issue before installing yesterdays driver.

Solution
I got 10% average LESS fps in gaming and benchmarks. Ran each game and benchmarks four times with same results. I would go back to previous driver and see if it clears up. If it doesn't then use ddu unistaller and clear out all Nvidia files. Then install a driver of your choice. Also not a big fan of using Geforce Experience. That cause problems too.
I got 10% average LESS fps in gaming and benchmarks. Ran each game and benchmarks four times with same results. I would go back to previous driver and see if it clears up. If it doesn't then use ddu unistaller and clear out all Nvidia files. Then install a driver of your choice. Also not a big fan of using Geforce Experience. That cause problems too.

Solution