[SOLVED] NVMe not showing up in the bios?

Nov 18, 2020
I recently got an NVMe M.2 drive with the intention of installing my OS onto it but I cant seam to find it in the bios at all. It does show up in disk management in Windows 10, which i have already set up a partition on that side, it works perfectly fine, but as far as the bios is concerned I dont see anything relating to an M.2.

Im using a Msi Krait Z170a Mother board. ps (my sata SSD does show up as well as my mechanical hardrive)
I know SATA 5 and SATA 6 are unavailable when an M.2 is inserted in my Board but the other 2 drives are in port 3 and 4.

The M.2 Nvme drive is a Gen3*4 M.2 PCIe SSD 1tb

I cant seem to find any options in the bios that even mentions M.2 let alone activating them.

I have seen other post's similar to this but i would believe my situation is different as windows is picking up the drive, as well as my board is different.
I would really appreciate any assistance with this.

Solution
Which bios version are you running? 7984vAE improved NVMe compatibility. Once you have it installed, it really doesn't have many settings -- just the boot order and possibly a secure erase option in the tools area.