Question NVMe showing in BIOS but when installing windows it says "No devices found"

Oct 4, 2022
My NVMe drive is showing in BIOS but when I try to install windows it says "No devices found". Please help me get rid of the issue.

My PC's configuration :

Intel 12400
Asus Prime H670-PLUS D4
XPG Gammix D30 8GB (x2) 3200 Mhz
Samsung 980 500GB NVMe
Cooler Master MWE 550 Watt PSU

---------

Things I tried :
Downloaded Intel Rapid Storage Driver from following link and pasted in bootable media and tried "Load drivers" option there but it didn't work. (No drivers found there)
(https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...ptane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Instead of using Intel's site, download the drivers found on Asus's support site;

Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Which slot are you populating with the lone NVMe drive? Do you have any other storage device(outside of the bootable USB installer) hooked to your motherboard?

Reactions: Ultranoob22
My NVMe drive is showing in BIOS but when I try to install windows it says "No devices found". Please help me get rid of the issue.
Set SATA controller mode to AHCI in BIOS(not Intel RST with Optane).
Disable NVME RAID, if there is such an option.
Set CSM to enabled and Storage boot control to legacy.

If still no success, then load NVME drivers during windows install.
You can get them from Gigabyte windows install tool (extract zip archive and find included NVME drivers)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility?kw=windows&p=1

Reactions: Ultranoob22
Oct 4, 2022
Instead of using Intel's site, download the drivers found on Asus's support site;

Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Which slot are you populating with the lone NVMe drive? Do you have any other storage device(outside of the bootable USB installer) hooked to your motherboard?

Let me try from Asus's site.
-----
  1. Current BIOS Version : 0412 x64
  2. Currenty only NVMe is hooked to the closest slot to the CPU

Oct 4, 2022
^ That's first release BIOS, you have BIOS versions pending update.
That I'll do for sure.
But as of now my issue is resolved.
What worked I think is I turned "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" off and thereafter committed another change which read
"Map PCIE Storage under VMD [Enabled]->[Disabled]"
"Map SATA Controller under VMD [Enabled]->[Disabled]"

and I was able to see my NVMe drive in windows installation page.

I'm deeply thankful to both of you for your help.

@SkyNetRising