Question Nvme slot

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

USAFRet

Titan
so it will also boot faster. my hdd takes about 7 minutes to load up steam and about 2 minutes to get to the home screen itself.
It will boot faster.

But those times imply other problems.
A well running system should not take that long, even with an HDD.

I would not "clone" this as it exists, without discovering the reason for these times.

also is fanxiang a good company to buy from. Im kinda new to all this ssd and hdd stuff
I wouldn't buy that SSD. Overall I don't trust Ebay sellers in general. This is the cheapest SATA SSD I would feel safe recommending.
PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: Leven JS600 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($93.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $93.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-07-08 11:37 EDT-0400

As long as you have enough SATA III slots on your motherboard you shouldn't have to upgrade it.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
In addition, the B75 level motherboards could not boot from an NVMe drive. That did not come into place until the *97 era.

Lastly, the B75 boards are now 12 years old (2012). Why buying into such an ancient platform?

I would not be surprised if there was some BIOS modifications by the (shady) manufacturer that might allow it to operate outside original spec. Where I have not looked up this specific board, one of the YT personalities I like to view does a lot of vids on these ilk of motherboard and more often than not they work as intended, at least long enough to shoot some content.

Do not take the above comment to insinuate I have checked and know, just saying.