Ashraf546

Honorable
Aug 6, 2019
Hi there, I had a post too on my Asus ROG Strix H370-F that suddenly had left postin'. I tried everythin' which is ever recommended and then I took it to a Repair shop, that guy had 4 days in it still no fix, no ez debug light nothing at all but fans and Mobo rgb lights were working... So the Mobo wasn't heatin' up the CPU. Then what I did was I had a WD-40 lying in my shelf I took it out and completely sprayed WD-40 all over the motherboard... Filled the CPU socket with it as well and I put the mobo in the sunlight but couldn't get it dried idk why, it's still full of WD-40 all over the board... I powered it and hurray it worked lol... Ez debug lights were up and then I put it in the rams cpu stuff and stuff but it's over voltagin' idk why, the bios shows 3.1 volts on CPU and the same thing in hwmoniitor but PC been working fine since last night and it's still working... CPU fans are spinning so fast... Help me understand the situation what should I do? Use the PC or save my i5+8600K and keep it shut.

Image1 Bios: https://ibb.co/TvPZJTx
Image2 Hwmoniitor: https://ibb.co/KD5p7dd

Last edited:
Never saw some try to clean computer parts with wd40. It might clean it temporarily but as you found it leave a very oily residue. If its like stuff I have sprayed it on it becomes sticky over time and collects dirt.

Everything I have used wd40 on was pretty tough and I could use something like acetone on to get rid of wd40 or even simple soap and water.

Generally you clean electronics with alcohol that is at least 90% pure which is commonly sold in even grocery stores. I am not sure if alcohol will remove the residue from wd40.

not sure about your finances but a 8600k has very little value. The problem with using very old stuff is there is almost no market of new parts and if there is they tend to be more expensive than just buying more modern equipment.

Someone likely is selling a whole used computer that has a 8600k for not a lot of money. Hard to say if you just keep using what you have until it completely dies or if you try to save some part. There might not be much difference in price for just a motherboard compared to a motherboard with the cpu. Although 7 or 8 years does not sound like a lot it is very old computer.

Ashraf546

Honorable
Aug 6, 2019
You didn't even bother to answer what's goin' on with the core voltages plus there are people who have i7 4th gen ddr3 and still playing cyberpunk rdr2 mw2, idk this old and new stuff and I ain't from a country where Amazon ebay and other marts are available, PC things are pretty hard to buy here ...
For the WD40 I know it lures dust and dirt but at least that WD 40 worked on the motherboard.. it was just completely not working before... Things are different for people.... Someone's can't even get a core 2 duo and still playing cs 1.6 with very old PC.... Millions of people wish to get 4th gen PC with ddr3... I think you might be the owner of microcenter..