Question NVMe SSD is no longer shown in the boot order sequence ?

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
I bought a PC last year with an AsRock motherboard. H610M-HVS/M.2 R2.0. It has an NVMe drive screwed into it

is a 512g from an unknown manufacturer TeamGroup model: tm8fp6512g0c101. On re-installing windows, when going into the boot program to change the boot order sequence, it is no longer there. It looks like it has died. I sent it back for repair. It clams’ to have a five year warranty but I doubt I could clam that back myself. If I could and you have any info on this, it would help.

Moving forward I want to suggest to him that he replaces it (if faulty) with a more well know branded NVMe chip like Sandisk, Crucial or Kingston. Any ideas on this?

P.S. what is the latest this PCI express slot can support.

TIA

Desmond.

Last edited:
I bought a PC last year with an AsRock motherboard. H610M-HVS/M.2 R2.0. It has an NVMe drive screwed into it

is a 512g from an unknown manufacturer TeamGroup model: TeamGroup. On re-installing windows, when going into the boot program to change the boot order sequence, it is no longer there. It looks like it has died. I sent it back for repair. It clams’ to have a five year warranty but I doubt I could clam that back myself. If I could and you have any info on this, it would help.

Moving forward I want to suggest to him that he replaces it (if faulty) with a more well know branded NVMe chip like Sandisk, Crucial or Kingston. Any ideas on this?

P.S. what is the latest this PCI express slot can support.

TIA

Desmond.
TeamGroup is not exactly an unknown manufacturer, they make memory chips for very long time.
Any electronic device can die at any time. that's what warranty is for. They wouldn't guarantee it for 5 years if they were not confident it should last that long. I wouldn't mind if they just send new one.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Team Group is not unknown and they make memory chips.

It supports PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 drives. But apparently you can only use them as OS drive from the page 4 of the manual here.
mqc37Ah.png

Any good M.2 PCIE drive would do. Make and model depends on your budget.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
I never trust Microsoft. On my old PC I had two HDDs. one for all my documents. The NVMe chip set / drive only has Windows, Office and other downloaded software.
I have emailed info@team-group.eu to see what they can do.

Interesting Satan. Page 4 endorses Asrock for some reason.

Last edited: