[SOLVED] NVME SSD running slower than advertised.

Sep 9, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to PC gaming so bear with me please.

My system specs:

Gigabyte H470 HD3 (2X X4 M2 NVME SLOT)
16GB @3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB (Temporary)
750w Seasonic m12ii evo

Yesterday I bought an ADATA XPG S8200 PRO NVME 500gb to replace my 500GB Kingston SATA SSD as my main OS drive. even bought an aftermarket cooler to keep the drive cool.
I then Installed it on the top NVME M.2 SLOT the one nearest to the CPU but when I ran the benchmark its showing speeds at around half the advertised speed.

Things ive tried. Fresh OS installation, "Optimized" the drive/os and made sure that it's running at x4 not x2 and made sure that my sata drive is not in the same lane as my nvme drive.

I took a picture of my current BIOS setup and tests hoping that maybe you guys can find sense on what is happening to my drive, because I can't. (I'm not that "BIOS Savvy" lol).

Please see below for the images.

Please feel free to drop your suggestions or thoughts, every bit helps :D

Solution
It should be faster than that according to benchmarks I've seen.

I'm not familiar with ADATA but I would suppose they have some sort of utility/diagnostic for their SSDs. Try that, see what it says. Also, you could try clearing the CMOS. And if you don't mind re-installing Windows again, try to secure erase that ssd.

Leptir

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019

I'm not familiar with ADATA but I would suppose they have some sort of utility/diagnostic for their SSDs. Try that, see what it says. Also, you could try clearing the CMOS. And if you don't mind re-installing Windows again, try to secure erase that ssd.

Solution
Sep 9, 2020

Thanks, I tried the ADATA ssd tool to optimize and run diagnostics on the drive, also ran a TRIM task on the drive too, will also try to clear CMOS then Reinstall Windows later, need the computer for work so as much as possible id like to do those options last :D