Specs:
Gpu: Asus tuf 4060ti oc
Cpu: ryzen 7 7700
Psu: powerspec 650w gold
Ram: 16gb ddr5
Os; Windows 10 home
Motherboard: asus prime b650m-a ax ii
Bios version: 1654

Ok so I've recently picked up this pc. After I use it for long periods 3-4 hours I will get crashes on games. These crashes happen quite consistently after one occurs but the odd part is if I turn of my pc and don't use it for while they go away. After opening event viewer I noticed nvwgf2umx.dll is the problem. I have ruled out software as a issue I have tested memory with memtest86, reinstalled windows, and ran DDU. My best guess it is either my psu or motherboard and I don't know which I should rma because all of my parts have warranty.

someone with a similar issue shared this video as well:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24b1I8oNnVM&t=63s

Last edited:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Specs:
Gpu: Asus tuf 4060ti oc
Cpu: ryzen 7 7700
Psu: powerspec 650w gold
Ram: 16gb ddr5
Os; Windows 10 home
Motherboard: asus prime b650m-a ax ii
Bios version: 1654

Ok so I've recently picked up this pc. After I use it for long periods 3-4 hours I will get crashes on games. These crashes happen quite consistently after one occurs but the odd part is if I turn of my pc and don't use it for while they go away. After opening event viewer I noticed nvwgf2umx.dll is the problem. I have ruled out software as a issue I have tested memory with memtest86, reinstalled windows, and ran DDU. My best guess it is either my psu or motherboard and I don't know which I should rma because all of my parts have warranty.

someone with a similar issue shared this video as well:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24b1I8oNnVM&t=63s
Sounds like temperat ure problems.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
It’s not cpu and gpu temps are cool… temperature would most likely result in throttling which nothing is doing so
Maybe so, but the one thing that is known to happen with the problem you describe, is that temperatures increase with time. You could just try taking a cover off the case, set up a fan to blow air into the system. That would give you another bit of data.

Jan 15, 2024
Maybe so, but the one thing that is known to happen with the problem you describe, is that temperatures increase with time. You could just try taking a cover off the case, set up a fan to blow air into the system. That would give you another bit of data.
the error does not indicate a thermal issue... I would notice my cpu throttling far before I crashed

Last edited: