[SOLVED] NZXT H710 Vertical GPU

TK31

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hi!

I was looking for any experiences from people vertical mounting their GPU with a bracket on their non-i H710, or any similar case with "blocked" PCIe slots. I was an idiot when i purchased the case and forgot that the H710 doesnt have the vertical GPU cut outs, went for the cheaper option thinking that the NZXT CAM hub was the only difference. The PCI bay area also has horizontal "slats" inbetween the PCI slots so if im not mistaken looks like there will need to be modifications done (i.e. dremel off the slats) or does it fit without having to modify this area?

slats.png

There sadly isnt a lot of documentation regarding this or my Google skills arent strong enough.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
there are kits you can buy that will attach to the existing rear PCIe slots and allow vertical mounting but i've never actually dealt with a system that had one in place.
so i couldn't tell you how sturdy\secure they are.

shop around some and read any reviews you find and see if any really seem worth purchasing.

if the case is new you may still be in the return window and could opt to exchange for the "i" version.
there are kits you can buy that will attach to the existing rear PCIe slots and allow vertical mounting but i've never actually dealt with a system that had one in place.
so i couldn't tell you how sturdy\secure they are.

shop around some and read any reviews you find and see if any really seem worth purchasing.

if the case is new you may still be in the return window and could opt to exchange for the "i" version.

Solution