[SOLVED] NZXT Kraken Z53 CPU fan issues

Dec 29, 2020
Right now the CAM software is displaying 0rpm of the fans of the aio. The fans are spinning I just have no control over them.. I did try to use my mobos software but that would only affect the pump speed..

Solution
CAM needs to be able to communicate with the pump unit of that AIO. It also makes assumptions about where things will be connected, so it is important that you do it exactly as the manual says. Review these:

1. 3-hole female cable from the pump to either the CPU_FAN header or the AIO_PUMP header of your mobo (whichever you have).
  2. Wide connector from the pump to a SATA power output connector from the PSU.
  3. Both rad fans plugged into connectors (3 of them on one cable) from the pump. Ensure that the ONLY ONE of these three outputs with ALL FOUR pins has a fan plugged into it.
  4. Connect the small separate cable from a socket on the side of the pump to a mobo USB2 header. THIS is how CAM can communicate with the system to read...

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Is everything else working in the CAMS, like rgb control, etc?

What was the last major thing you did before this issue happened? any changes to hardware or software?

check the usb cable (just in case)

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
CAM needs to be able to communicate with the pump unit of that AIO. It also makes assumptions about where things will be connected, so it is important that you do it exactly as the manual says. Review these:

1. 3-hole female cable from the pump to either the CPU_FAN header or the AIO_PUMP header of your mobo (whichever you have).
  2. Wide connector from the pump to a SATA power output connector from the PSU.
  3. Both rad fans plugged into connectors (3 of them on one cable) from the pump. Ensure that the ONLY ONE of these three outputs with ALL FOUR pins has a fan plugged into it.
  4. Connect the small separate cable from a socket on the side of the pump to a mobo USB2 header. THIS is how CAM can communicate with the system to read pump and fan speeds, and to control those speeds.
  5. IF you have any ARGB lighting devices from NZXT (they use non-standard connetors), you may plug them into the ARGB output connector on the cable set from the pump.

Reactions: Adam0ne
Solution
Dec 29, 2020
Thanks, I had not plugged in the fans correctly. The hub or splitter had a 4 pin connector which is the one it gets information from.. I had plugged both my fans into the 3 pin.