NZXT Manta Mini ITX Mini-Tower Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_225

Commendable
May 10, 2016
"Extensive Water Cooling Support" would have been nicely highlighted by building out your test system with...

For a case like this It would have been great to include at least a slim drive capability. I'd really like to see these cases with "extensive water cooling support" at least get an AIO cooler installed even if only a 120mm rad to potentially show the benefits or ease of use of such and installation. I think that would change the metrics pretty substantially for noise and cooling making the value charts more competitive. I don't really think anyone is cross shopping a $140 case made for LC with a $70 case with an emphasis on air cooling.

Call me old school, but I still prefer to have a case with an actual external bay for optical drive. I don't like external drives, because it is just one more thing to clutter up my desk with.
Meh It depends entirely how much often you actually need an optical drive. I only use mine maybe once or twice a year, so the external USB DVDRW I got works great.

That's sounds like an organization issue :p

I have multiple computers, they don't all need internal optical drives, if one needs access to a CD/DVD, I can use the external, but again, I really do only need it maybe once or twice a year.

AlistairAB

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
Marry the PC-Q10 with a Corsair SFX PSU and you couldn't be happier! I finally found a case that fits my components and doesn't take more space than my mATX case. Also looks really cool!

AlistairAB

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
The biggest problem with the Lian Li PC-Q10 are the drive mounts. I couldn't use the bottom ones with a large video card installed.

But that turned out to be it's strength. Without any hard drives installed in the bottom, the GPU can draw air directly from outside, maybe this is why I achieve much better cooling results than in this article. 980ti and a single 120mm fan in the back, and it never gets too hot.

arossetti

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I'm all about small and love mITX but that's a big case. Seriously what are you trying to cool in the mITX form factor that you need 2 x 280mm radiators?

I'm using an NCase M1 - which is a pain to work in - but the smallest mITX case you can find. Watercooling a 4790k OC'd and GTX 980ti OC'd with a custom water loop and 1 x 240mm radiator without issue. And it's quiet. But I guess it's all about what you consider acceptable temps.

I bet they could trim the size of that case down if it wasn't rounded.

rchris

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
If you want small, there are other mini-ITX cases to choose from. This case is easy to work in, but still smaller than mid-size cases. I think you buy this case if you love its unique look.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
There are mATX case that is smaller than this oversized ITX case

I considered buying one of these because I really liked the style. Then I checked the measurements and it's both wider and deeper than the NZXT S340 (a Full ATX case), while being only slightly shorter. That's what really did it for me, I liked the look of the S340 and it wasn't terribly expensive so I picked one up. Best decision I've ever made, one of the cleanest and easiest system builds I've ever done.

So it's more accurate to say that it's as large as a small ATX case.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'm not a big fan of the looks, but if they'd make the front panel less... featureless, and offer it in a purple color scheme, it'd be nostalgic of some of the later MIPS-based SGI workstations.

That'd be a definite selling point, for some of us. I used to dream of having a SGI workstation, back in the day.

Case size:
I'm not sure why people complain about the size or lack of external drive bay. If it's not for you then move along, however it IS designed for a specific niche of users.

You could for example, have a dual-fan rad for the CPU, and single-fan rad for the GPU at rear, and still have two fans at front for intake.

You could make it SMALLER but not without the same capabilities for cooling.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Geez what a joke of a case. There are mini-itx cases that are a quarter of the size and still fit full graphics cards.

And before you say "But it can fit other stuff" keep in mind their are literally smaller Micro-ATX cases that are smaller and fit just as much (Like mine with its 280mm radiator).

Not everybody needs or even wants the smallest possible case.

I like the case and would consider buying it. That's the ONLY reason a company needs to sell something like this.

Look at the Bitfenix Prodigy that was similar to the smallest micro-ATX sized cases. It sold really well. Actually, I'd probably choose the Bitfenix Prodigy NOT based on size but because I use a BluRay writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.