NZXT Slashes Pricing, Makes Changes To N7 Z370 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude_8

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
Look like they want peoples to rush to get it as fast as possible hoping to get the LED for "free".
The ones with LED need to be marked as so
Maybe a sticker on the box.
If not this sound like a marketing gimmick.

After the experiences, mostly in the area of a lack of any substantial support for the CAM software, used with the Grid+ v2 and Hue+, plus feedback from a TON of Kraken owners, I'm not sure I buy the whole apple-esque we're all about the customer feedback lines.

In three years they still haven't managed to get the CAM software to work correctly, especially in the area of conflicts between CAM capable hardware and the Aura/RGB hardware found on a lot of boards these day.

I find it at least somewhat hard to believe their track record in this area will be any better than the support offered for CAM, Hue+, Grid+ or Kraken, which is shaky at best and unacceptable in practice. Maybe they can change that atmosphere though. It would be nice if they did because most of their products are fairly worthy when they work right.

TreborG2

Reputable
Apr 7, 2017
I don't get it ... sure hide all the bits and pieces behind a thermal blanket creating piece of metal or plastic .. Heat is deadly, and it should be obvious in the areas of that headline picture where there are lots of little hole .. to allow heat to escape .. that all this does is create a failure prone board due to heat build up.

I'll take my boards naked thank you.

And LED's? Isn't that like the guy driving a Lamborghini or decking out an H2 or H3 in gold just to overcome some sort of "short" coming?

Functionality .. power led, ok. bootcode LED segment, ok. but anything more .. if its only function is to be an attractant is just plain stupid, again more heat, small electrical waste, but more heat? bad.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, you don't get it. The board has no RGB, just an RGB controller like everything else has. I guess NZXT uses a physical controller IC rather than a simple software function.

I think they get you better than you get them, since they deducted $50 from the price to exclude the case lighting strips :D

And the cover is steel. It's a good conductor. Not as good as aluminum, but good enough. People call steel "sheet metal" because they hate to call anything thin "steel"...but technically aluminum would have been "sheet metal" as well.

97junkyard

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
The only heat producers "under the hood" are the VRMs surely, and maybe m.2 ssd all else is cool as a Qcumber.. Still way out of my price league tho ...

Status
Not open for further replies.