Obama Says Sony Pulling 'The Interview' A Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Also an interesting read on this...

hxxp :// www dot extremetech dot com/ extreme/ 196152-who-really-hacked-sony-pictures-it-probably-wasnt-north-korea

spellbinder2050

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Obama concluded this portion of the press conference by joking about the movie, indicating with a small smirk that North Korea attacked a movie studio. That, he said, should say something about the regime. "We will respond," Obama promised. "We will respond proportionally, and we will respond in a place and time and manner that we choose."

^THIS^

csH82

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Sony made a STUPID business decision and paid the price for it.

What exactly did they expect N Korea to do?

5tormy

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Just for those who are siding with Obama, Sony contacted the White House and the White House did and said nothing. "Had Sony Pictures come to him first..." is a false statement.
That being said, Sony is absolutely wrong in caving to terrorists.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Whole spin on this is wrong. Sony is a Japanese company, not United States. Should have spun it as an attack on Japanese interests and we, United States, are coming to the rescue of an ally. Instead, we just look like the biggest cyberpussies that just caved to terrorists demands. Now it's repeat of little man syndrome Obama vs Kim Jong with United States looking like a kid that just got beat up.

sportfreak23

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
The logic of some people here really shows the state of the world. Sony shouldn't have cancelled the interview, this is by far the weakest display from a company I seen in a while. Glad I stopped buying Camcorders and TV's from sony a while back. Garbage leadership is not worth investing in.

g-unit1111

Titan

People blaming Obama for this need to read up on the subject more. It was actually the decision of conservative Christian billionaire Philip Anschutz - who first got the movie pulled from his Regal / Edwards cinema chain that led to Sony's decision. Obama was simply commenting on the situation, he had nothing to do with it.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Honestly, I don't see how North Korea with its backwards policies can pull this off. For a country that is blockaded, I think it would be very difficult for the unqualified people they would have attempting it.

Sony if you ask me seems to get hacked once a year and people's credit card numbers and this time SSNs stolen. This is why I do not use Sony and why I have always been more fond of the Nintendo/Microsoft gaming stations (plus Playstation controllers always broke for me). If Sony had some more solid security, this would not even be an issue.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009

Agreed. I think the last U.S. president that spoke of "Peace through Strength" was Reagan.

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Oh, god please, let us make some fun of an iconic stupid. We played around even with Jesus and God, not to mention Allah and the other gods. Who is this man to stop laughter when himself is a joke of a man.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Freedom of speech is sacrosanct, and anybody involved in curtailing it, know not the price our forefathers paid to ensure it today.

g-unit1111

Titan
Everyone - knock off the political fighting or your posts will be deleted and this thread will be closed for comment, and in the worst case, bans may be issued. If you want to go talk about the political ramifications of The Interview, there's tons of forums out there for that, but not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.