Oblivious to the world around you...

Having a necro, I tend to buy summoned pet gear... I notice that most
of it hovers <20pp, quite a bet less for some things.
There's <two> vendors, however, who have thinks like the fist of
ixblat... always for like 95pp, as are all the other summoned items
they offer. I can't believe they actually sell any of it, except to
someone who may be extremely desperate that has too much money.
They've both been there for months. You'd think they may actually take
a look at what other vendors are selling the stuff for--let's see.. do
I want to pay 95pp, or 5pp for something that will evaporate if the
pet gets killed or I log? Is it just me, or does anyone here actually
spend as much as 500pp on expendible basic pet gear?

<tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Having a necro, I tend to buy summoned pet gear... I notice that most
> of it hovers <20pp, quite a bet less for some things.
> There's <two> vendors, however, who have thinks like the fist of
> ixblat... always for like 95pp, as are all the other summoned items
> they offer. I can't believe they actually sell any of it, except to
> someone who may be extremely desperate that has too much money.
> They've both been there for months. You'd think they may actually take
> a look at what other vendors are selling the stuff for--let's see.. do
> I want to pay 95pp, or 5pp for something that will evaporate if the
> pet gets killed or I log? Is it just me, or does anyone here actually
> spend as much as 500pp on expendible basic pet gear?

And in the middle of the night when they're the only one selling it, they
make a fortune...

When you have several million plat in the bank, the difference between 5pp
and 500pp is pretty negligible.

bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in news:1arce.1689$HL2.1626
@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> Having a necro, I tend to buy summoned pet gear... I notice that most
> of it hovers <20pp, quite a bet less for some things.
> There's <two> vendors, however, who have thinks like the fist of
> ixblat... always for like 95pp, as are all the other summoned items
> they offer. I can't believe they actually sell any of it, except to
> someone who may be extremely desperate that has too much money.
> They've both been there for months. You'd think they may actually take
> a look at what other vendors are selling the stuff for--let's see.. do
> I want to pay 95pp, or 5pp for something that will evaporate if the
> pet gets killed or I log? Is it just me, or does anyone here actually
> spend as much as 500pp on expendible basic pet gear?

If those are the only vendors up at the time, there are folks who would. I
suspect that those sellers would make quite a bit more however if they
priced those items reasonably.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired

On 29 Apr 2005 14:44:26 GMT in
<Xns964758EA9AD95richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> graced the world with this thought:

>bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in news:1arce.1689$HL2.1626
>@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:
>
>> Having a necro, I tend to buy summoned pet gear... I notice that most
>> of it hovers <20pp, quite a bet less for some things.
>> There's <two> vendors, however, who have thinks like the fist of
>> ixblat... always for like 95pp, as are all the other summoned items
>> they offer. I can't believe they actually sell any of it, except to
>> someone who may be extremely desperate that has too much money.
>> They've both been there for months. You'd think they may actually take
>> a look at what other vendors are selling the stuff for--let's see.. do
>> I want to pay 95pp, or 5pp for something that will evaporate if the
>> pet gets killed or I log? Is it just me, or does anyone here actually
>> spend as much as 500pp on expendible basic pet gear?
>>

>If those are the only vendors up at the time, there are folks who would. I
>suspect that those sellers would make quite a bit more however if they
>priced those items reasonably.

on a very rare occasion, they are the only two (or one), but most the
time there's all kinds of people selling the same stuff for like
10pp--I can only guess that they decided themselves how much the stuff
is worth, without looking what other people are charging.. I would
think pricing something a little higher (gouging, politely put) when
they're the only source would be one thing, but ten times more? Sorry,
I don't need <any> disposable equipment that much. When I come around
looking, and thats the only price, I do without. There used to be one
vendor that always had everything, sold from 5pp for fists to 15 for a
girdle..hell, I'd gone to here when there were three other people
standing there buying off her at the same tim. I think you make a
<lot> more money. Maybe they've got that Dennis the Menace mentality
at the "lemonade $10 a glass" booth. "But we only need to sell one!"

> On 29 Apr 2005 14:44:26 GMT in
> <Xns964758EA9AD95richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> graced the world with this thought:
>
>>bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in news:1arce.1689$HL2.1626
>>@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:
>>
>>> Having a necro, I tend to buy summoned pet gear... I notice that
>>> most of it hovers <20pp, quite a bet less for some things.
>>> There's <two> vendors, however, who have thinks like the fist of
>>> ixblat... always for like 95pp, as are all the other summoned items
>>> they offer. I can't believe they actually sell any of it, except to
>>> someone who may be extremely desperate that has too much money.
>>> They've both been there for months. You'd think they may actually
>>> take a look at what other vendors are selling the stuff for--let's
>>> see.. do I want to pay 95pp, or 5pp for something that will
>>> evaporate if the pet gets killed or I log? Is it just me, or does
>>> anyone here actually spend as much as 500pp on expendible basic pet
>>> gear?
>>>

>>If those are the only vendors up at the time, there are folks who
>>would. I suspect that those sellers would make quite a bit more
>>however if they priced those items reasonably.
>
> on a very rare occasion, they are the only two (or one), but most the
> time there's all kinds of people selling the same stuff for like
> 10pp--I can only guess that they decided themselves how much the stuff
> is worth, without looking what other people are charging.. I would
> think pricing something a little higher (gouging, politely put) when
> they're the only source would be one thing, but ten times more? Sorry,
> I don't need <any> disposable equipment that much. When I come around
> looking, and thats the only price, I do without. There used to be one
> vendor that always had everything, sold from 5pp for fists to 15 for a
> girdle..hell, I'd gone to here when there were three other people
> standing there buying off her at the same tim. I think you make a
> <lot> more money. Maybe they've got that Dennis the Menace mentality
> at the "lemonade $10 a glass" booth. "But we only need to sell one!"

As someone else said, when you have over a million plat in the bank, the
difference between 5pp and 500pp is negligable. Sadly, I am not one of
those who can make that claim.

--

"bizbee" <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Having a necro, I tend to buy summoned pet gear... I notice that most
> of it hovers <20pp, quite a bet less for some things.
> There's <two> vendors, however, who have thinks like the fist of
> ixblat... always for like 95pp, as are all the other summoned items
> they offer. I can't believe they actually sell any of it, except to
> someone who may be extremely desperate that has too much money.
> They've both been there for months. You'd think they may actually take
> a look at what other vendors are selling the stuff for--let's see.. do
> I want to pay 95pp, or 5pp for something that will evaporate if the
> pet gets killed or I log? Is it just me, or does anyone here actually
> spend as much as 500pp on expendible basic pet gear?

Oh, I might put that stuff up for sale for a high price. Lately all my
vendor's been doing is just being a chat logger for my friend's channel.
Just so my vendor has something to sell I bumped the 5 bones for like 10p
each. I don't expect to sell them but if someone wants to buy it for that,
cool.

I used to sell summoned items as well, but quite frankly it's a pain in the
ass to summon all that stuff. Sure, it's virtually pure profit but it's
still a pain. :p I doubt I'd put a price of 95p on them, but 50...yeah,
maybe, just to keep the sales nice & slow so I don't have to re-supply any
time soon. <g>

In answer to your usual question, Biz, work's been really busy these last
couple months and I've had barely any time to goof off here. I just refuse
to work the last half hour of a Friday if I can help it, and that's why I'm
here now. :) I'm MOSTLY playing EQ2 no Everfrost but I am newly in a guild
in EQ on Zebgony (Xegony/Zebuxoruk) and I'm having some fun playing there.
EQ2 is still my first pick though.

Anyway, it's time to go home!

On 2 May 2005 14:25:10 GMT in
<Xns964A55A585255richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> graced the world with this thought:

>bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> On 29 Apr 2005 14:44:26 GMT in
>> <Xns964758EA9AD95richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>, Graeme Faelban
>> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> graced the world with this thought:
>>
>>>bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in news:1arce.1689$HL2.1626
>>>@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

>>>If those are the only vendors up at the time, there are folks who
>>>would. I suspect that those sellers would make quite a bit more
>>>however if they priced those items reasonably.
>>
>> on a very rare occasion, they are the only two (or one), but most the
>> time there's all kinds of people selling the same stuff for like
>> 10pp--I can only guess that they decided themselves how much the stuff
>> is worth, without looking what other people are charging.. I would
>> think pricing something a little higher (gouging, politely put) when
>> they're the only source would be one thing, but ten times more? Sorry,
>> I don't need <any> disposable equipment that much. When I come around
>> looking, and thats the only price, I do without. There used to be one
>> vendor that always had everything, sold from 5pp for fists to 15 for a
>> girdle..hell, I'd gone to here when there were three other people
>> standing there buying off her at the same tim. I think you make a
>> <lot> more money. Maybe they've got that Dennis the Menace mentality
>> at the "lemonade $10 a glass" booth. "But we only need to sell one!"
>>

>As someone else said, when you have over a million plat in the bank, the
>difference between 5pp and 500pp is negligable. Sadly, I am not one of
>those who can make that claim.

I can see that, but the fact remains... how many people fit that
description, <need to buy pet weapons--that is to say that this person
isn't in a guild and can't hit a guildie up for them for nothing>m and
are shopping when these guys are the only two on?
Personally, I have 100K in the bank and I won't pay it because the guy
is a price-gauging prick. I'll go screw around and come back in an
hour. It's got nothing to do with being cheap, everything to do with
not feeding a remora.

Yesterday some guy set up right right next to one of them, selling
Muzzle of Mardu for 5pp, the other guy was selling them for 75. The
guy selling them for 5 had about 20 on him. I doubt many people paid
75, no matter how much they had.
Of course, it's his stuff, he can charge whatever he wants. There's a
gas station near my house, that consistantly charges fifty cents more
than every other gas station around... and there's at least ten within
a quarter mile. He has no prime spot, matter of fact, there's another
station adjoining his. I just figure he doesn't like pumping gas, and
is too cheap to hire someone to do it.

On Fri, 6 May 2005 17:55:28 -0400 in
<gdadneIdAtBNeubfRVn-2A@giganews.com>, "Dan Harmon"
<deharmon@bigfoot.com> graced the world with this thought:

>In answer to your usual question, Biz, work's been really busy these last
>couple months and I've had barely any time to goof off here. I just refuse
>to work the last half hour of a Friday if I can help it, and that's why I'm
>here now. :) I'm MOSTLY playing EQ2 no Everfrost but I am newly in a guild
>in EQ on Zebgony (Xegony/Zebuxoruk) and I'm having some fun playing there.
>EQ2 is still my first pick though.
>
>Anyway, it's time to go home!

Well, damn, it's good to know you're still around at least!