Question OC keeps resetting

Leukotriene

Reputable
Aug 21, 2019
Hey!

I've an msi gtx 1650 GDDR5 and i'm trying to OC it.
Mobo is ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V LX (LGA1155).

The issue is that as soon as i close the OC program (msi afterburner, geforce experience or geforce inspector) the clock offset resets to base, the memory and power stays.
(Yes, I've hit save/apply.)

Anyone got any idea how to solve it or why it happens?

I tried to to set nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read only, didnt help.

Edit:
CPU is i7 2600K
Ram is a corsair ddr3 4x4gb 800Mhz 9CL
Got a samsung 870 QVO
OS is win 10 home 64bit

The reason to overclock is to get a little more out of it since its old and i want to try my hand at overclocking.
And with pretty much anything between +100-150 core, +500-700 mem and at 110-115% power i get about 10% more fps in Superposition Benchmark on 1080 high (36 to 41 fps).

Edit edit:
PSU is Chieftec eco series GPE 500s
500 W 85+ efficiency (yes, 85+)
PSU was purchased in about 2017, rest of the parts are from around 2010ish, gpu is 2019, ssd and cpu cooling tower are 2021ish.
Everything was purchased as new.
No video editing, no mining, lots of gaming, regularly cleaned case.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What is the reason for overclocking?

Is there a specific quantifiable configuration setting that will improve system performance if OC is used?

More information needed.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

History of heavy use for gaming or video editing?

The PSU may not be able to keep up with the resulting power demands or spikes.

And I am not sure about the benchmarks with respect to realiability, accuracy, etc..

Hopefully someone in the Overclocking community will be able to provide additional insight or otherwise comment as applicable.

Leukotriene

Reputable
Aug 21, 2019
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

History of heavy use for gaming or video editing?

The PSU may not be able to keep up with the resulting power demands or spikes.

And I am not sure about the benchmarks with respect to realiability, accuracy, etc..

Hopefully someone in the Overclocking community will be able to provide additional insight or otherwise comment as applicable.
Edited.

So, how else does one see the results of overclocking if not with benchmarking and in game fps counters?