Question OC Unstable Even with built in software

ravenhaven03

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
I got a pretty meh, entry level combo of Athlon 5350 and the Asus Am1m-a Mobo, apparently, it's possible to OC it safely up to 2.5, and some even got as far as 2.7, when i follow a guide on how to set it up, the cpu fan kicks into overdrive right away, the PCIe GPU stops working as a display and only the on board GPU works, and when it gets to the windows screen it shows an issue with a boot device. What the hell is that, did i do something wrong, and is this a lost cause, figured i'd get at least a semi decent back up rig out of it. I found these settings btw Image and followed them. The only difference was that my CPU offset voltage was 1.4v not 1.425v

ravenhaven03

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
Is that the same across all the same models of a mobo? Because i've seen a bunch of people with the exact same mobo, and the exact same CPU, have no issues OCing the system. Some dude actually got it up to 3.2Ghz lul.

ravenhaven03

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
FZgZZgw.png

This seems to be the point at which it doesn't crash, can someone experienced tell me, is anything off, am i missing something obvious, what should i try increasing next ? This is still my first try actually OCing even if it is this entry CPU. I wanna learn how it's done on it so i don't eff up a real one later on.

zx128k

Reputable
The issue when you usually are overclocking the BLCK is most likely you will affect PCIe, USB or SATA as well. So you lose your gpu and hard disk at some point. I have read that IDE mode is a must for bclk OC'ing. Note I personal have not gone above 104 BLCK.

TRENDING THREADS