[SOLVED] OCCT TEST error : TridentZ royal 3200 16GBx2 (A-XMP)

Nov 13, 2020
SPEC:
AMD R7 3700X
MSI B450I GAMING AC
GSKILL TridentZ royal 3200 16GBx2 CL16
ASUS ROG RX5700XT OC
CORSAIR RM650x
SAMSUNG 960EVO

I just bought the ram and set the A-XMP default profile with CL 16-18-18-38
It can pass Windows Memory Diagnose TEST.
However, it occur ERROR during the test of OCCT.
It cant pass the test of MemtestPro

How could i solve it?

Last edited:
Solution
I would leave the A-XMP profile enabled BUT change the Memory Frequency to 2933 or even 2800 and see if it works error free at either of those speeds.

I would also run Memtest86 with RAM at 2133 to see if it is also returning errors.
If it is giving errors at 2133 then the RAM is faulty and should be RMA'd.

RealBeast

Titan
Two things:
I do not see any Trident Z Royal 3200MHz CL16 on the G.Skill web site, it is C14 for 3200MHz. The C16 that I see is 3600MHz or higher.
Second, none of the Trident Z Royal has your board listed in the G.Skill QVL.

It is best for you to contact G.Skill tech support by email for assistance, as they may need to either give you settings that they think will work or exchange for compatible memory.

Nov 13, 2020
Two things:
I do not see any Trident Z Royal 3200MHz CL16 on the G.Skill web site, it is C14 for 3200MHz. The C16 that I see is 3600MHz or higher.
Second, none of the Trident Z Royal has your board listed in the G.Skill QVL.

It is best for you to contact G.Skill tech support by email for assistance, as they may need to either give you settings that they think will work or exchange for compatible memory.

RUNMEMTEST_fail
screenshot of RunMemTest

I apologise that the given information is not clear enough. It should be

GSKILL

Trident Z Royal

DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V

32GB (2x16GB)

GSKILL RAM CONFIGURATOR
It has RECOMMENDED Trident Z Royal DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V 16GB under the GSKILL OFFICIAL RAM CONFIGURATOR. So, it should be ok if it is 32GB, isn’t?

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020
What version of your BIOS are you running?

There is a lot of "Improve memory compatibility" BIOS update in the BIOS version list.

Could be that your board needs that Improve memory compatibility update for the XMP to stick.

BIOS Ver: 7A40vAB

I had tried the bios setting of AUTO + A-XMP and AUTO + 3200mhz. Both of them can’t pass the RunMemTest. However, it does pass the test when I set all to be AUTO and the frequency would be 2133mhz which is the base frequency of DDR4.

PS: since I update the bios to 7A40vAB,the latest BIOS version of MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC. It remains occurring error in RunMemTest.

Last edited:

RealBeast

Titan
RUNMEMTEST_fail
screenshot of RunMemTest

I apologise that the given information is not clear enough. It should be GSKILL
Trident Z Royal DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V 32GB (2x16GB)

GSKILL RAM CONFIGURATOR
It has RECOMMENDED Trident Z Royal DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V 16GB under the GSKILL OFFICIAL RAM CONFIGURATOR. So, it should be ok if it is 32GB, isn’t?
Can you post the exact model number that you bought? I see the 16GB (2x8GB) as compatible (F4-3200C16D-32GTRG) but there are no products found if you use the configuration page linked for 2x16GB for any B450 boards in the Trident Z Royal product line.

You should contact ustech@gskillusa.com for assistance, as they will be able to give you guidance if they are aware of any settings that will work or exchange for memory that will work like the Trident RBG for AMD model.

Nov 13, 2020
Can you post the exact model number that you bought? I see the 16GB (2x8GB) as compatible (F4-3200C16D-32GTRG) but there are no products found if you use the configuration page linked for 2x16GB for any B450 boards in the Trident Z Royal product line.

You should contact ustech@gskillusa.com for assistance, as they will be able to give you guidance if they are aware of any settings that will work or exchange for memory that will work like the Trident RBG for AMD model.

Thanks for the reply.
I would RMA it first and check rather the ram is broken or not. Also requesting help from Gskill support.

RealBeast

Titan
Thanks for the reply.
I would RMA it first and check rather the ram is broken or not. Also requesting help from Gskill support.
Why RMA? It is not compatible according to the G.Skill QVL. I would first contact them about what to do, then you will exchange for compatible modules.

There are NO B450 boards that support that memory at 16GBx2 and G.Skill is very diligent in keeping up their QVL, they would have it on there if it had a good chance to work with some reasonable setting.

Been in this spot with some builds where folks gave me parts to assemble for them. Just trying to save you the time and headache. And G.Skill is quite supportive.

Reactions: thecreativegod
Nov 13, 2020
I would leave the A-XMP profile enabled BUT change the Memory Frequency to 2933 or even 2800 and see if it works error free at either of those speeds.

I would also run Memtest86 with RAM at 2133 to see if it is also returning errors.
If it is giving errors at 2133 then the RAM is faulty and should be RMA'd.

It has been RMA since the store also detect the error during test. Thank you guys for helping

Reactions: DMAN999