OCing 5850 past CCC limits?????????????

:hello:

I want to OC my Gigabyte HD5850 past the limits of CCC (catalyst control center), As I understand it there are a few programs for this.

I've tryed ATi Tool which tells me that no kernal driver is running, I have no idea what thats all about.

AMD GPU Clock Tool says there are no valid devices found! :pfff:

Rivatuner Doesnt support ATi 5850's yet.

And MSI Afterburner won't let me go past the same limits as CCC (775/1125) :non:

So I'm at a loss at the moment :cry: . Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix AMD GPU Clock Tool or recommend a similar program, I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks for any help.

Woah worked a treat, after allowing myself complete control over the file.

Just cracked 24K on 3DM06 :) :sol: How cool I'm I ( :non: dnt answer that)

Thanks alot +100,000,000,000 :lol:

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
does you card still downclock to 150 and 300 or something for "power saver"? doesnt that reset and mess up all your settings? does gpu-z still say that crossfire is enabled?

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
did you end up flashing the new bios? howd that work? does the new bios stop the power saver thing that kicks down the frequencies? im trying to do the same thing but im pretty confused and angry lol, not meaning to hijack your thread

Msixteen

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
@ uRSALOG,

why are you so concerned about disabling throttling on your GPU?, my 5770 is overclocked to 960/1445 and it still throttles and it’s not a problem b/c once a game or gpu intensive app loads it jumps up to my specified clock settings. so if your not using a gpu intensive app why would you want your gpu to be clocked so high?

Im only using 1 card, so no crossfire here :(

And yes it does still throttle down. As I type this my card is at 157/300

I didn't flash my card, just fixed AMD GPU Clock Tool so that I could go over 775/1125mhz Simples.

Claim down man...... :eek:

:pt1cable:

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
i gots 2 and yes wating energy is an obssesion of mine, i loveee it and im gonna do it and not you nor ccc can stop meee!, ty for replying to me anyhow :) grats on your success

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
oh and one lasst question, whad u set your voltage to to overclock your thing? is it pretty stable no artifacts with 3d mark? *** that was like three questions, what a fail, you may answer only one if you like but all three and ill /love you forever

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
also interestingly enough the high overclock seems to have knocked off the power regulation throttling YAY and the cards never went over 59 degrees celsius with my water cooling system

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
so i ran crysys a bit and i noticed some slight artifacting in the sky so i messed with my settings some more, now artifact free yay and i overclocked it some more new stable settings 1002 core 1250 memory @ 1.32v pretty high dont recommend it for air cooling but just to let you know it works good on my sapphires if you ever decide to get another in the future or w/e :) my watercooling doesnt let it go past 59 under load still so im happy

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
thisll be my fianl point so i ran furmark and it it chewedup and spit out my settings (not to mention crash windows) so i went back and after much fiddling final stable settings for sapphire 5850cf are 1162mV 943mhz core 1201mhz mem. i am noticing that i have to open up afterburner on startup and sed hit apply on the settings because on the second card theyll reset to the underclocked sets 725 1000 and it will throttle, make sure you open up gpu-z before you apply them because apparently if you apply them first and then open it up then itll reset it again, and youll have to apply it again and then itll stick. i guess its a bit of a hassle to have to set them up everytime you startup but idc ill keep doing it