[SOLVED] Oculus rift CV1 is not displaying video in one "eye" after being dropped.

j3ster7707

Honorable
Jul 13, 2016
Hi everyone.

My Oculus rift CV1 is not displaying video in one "eye" after being dropped.

I was wondering if there is anything I could do to fix or is it a paperweight now?

Thank you.

Solution
it's a CV1 unit. several years old, probaly not on warranty anymore.
check if it's on warranty. if you bought it with your credit card, check if there isn't a warranty extention program associated to it.

If you confirmed it's not on warranty, well you could always try a teardown.
https://fr.ifixit.com/Vue+Éclatée/Oculus+Rift+CV1+Teardown/60612

Check if everything is plugged right (especially the ribon cables). if you see obvious damage, you may be able to find the spare part on amazon or ebay

i repaired lots of things by myself (PCs, laptop's keyboards replacement, power supplies on TV/ monitors, even a hidden blowed fuse on a fridge once !) it's not that hard. just use common sense and be patient.
It's stunning to repair...

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
it's a CV1 unit. several years old, probaly not on warranty anymore.
check if it's on warranty. if you bought it with your credit card, check if there isn't a warranty extention program associated to it.

If you confirmed it's not on warranty, well you could always try a teardown.
https://fr.ifixit.com/Vue+Éclatée/Oculus+Rift+CV1+Teardown/60612

Check if everything is plugged right (especially the ribon cables). if you see obvious damage, you may be able to find the spare part on amazon or ebay

i repaired lots of things by myself (PCs, laptop's keyboards replacement, power supplies on TV/ monitors, even a hidden blowed fuse on a fridge once !) it's not that hard. just use common sense and be patient.
It's stunning to repair something for pennies sometimes (hello bad caps), and save 100's of $. women like that a lot too ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: j3ster7707
Solution