Ajdino

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I've had problems with my RTX 2080 TI ever since I reinstalled Windows 10 on my operating system. I have a Gigabyte Windforce 2080 TI. Anyways, I RMA'd the card for fan control issues (it was running like a jet engine just a couple minutes into any game). It came back with new problems, that is... VR issues. Playing any VR game, I get random half second flashes of orange tinged rainbow static, that is followed by the Oculus Rift headset completely blacking out, forcing me to remove the headset and close everything. I called Gigabyte and tried telling them about it, but they kept redirecting the blame to other components in my hardware, which I'm confident that it's not, because these problems only started up when the reinstall a few months ago happened. I had purchased this card in November and up until the aforementioned reinstall that took place in February, it ran VR flawlessly. I very badly want to sell this card and be rid of all the issues, but that would guarantee several hundreds of dollars of losses, plus I upgraded to 1440p and a 144hz display and getting an older card would impact the performance of most of my games. My back is against the wall here and if there's anything you guys can suggest or maybe have heard about, I'd be grateful.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i5 7600 @ 3.50GHz 40 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1093MHz (15-15-15-36)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX Z270E GAMING (LGA1151)

Graphics
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Gigabyte)
ForceWare version: 425.31
SLI Disabled

Powersupply
Antec High Current Gamer HCG-900, 80 PLUS BRONZE, 900 Watt Power Supply

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of the OS are you on? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? How old is that PSU? Just to be clear, you own one RTX2080Ti and that is the only discrete GPU in your system? If so, why did you mention if SLI was enabled/disabled, by default SLI will be enabled if you have two identical GPU's in your system.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Have you tried to turn your resolution to say 1024x768 and set all gpu settings to low and try and run Oculus? In addition have you tried swapping the GPU to use on board graphics just as a test? I think it'll just about run games on your onboard GPU.