OCZ Introduces its Speedy RevoDrive 350 PCIe SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who exactly is buying these OCZ drives? Their consumer line has garnered quite the bad reputation for reliability over the years, so who is trusting their so-called "enterprise" line is any better? Especially when you can get enterprise drives w/amazing performance like the Samsung XS1715, an ultra-fast NVMe PCIe SSD up to 1.6TB. Dell is putting them into their massive PowerEdge R920; I don't know who is using OCZ drives in the enterprise.

Freakboi_pa

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I agree 2Be_or_Not2Be I owned 3 OCZ drivers, and 2 failed within a year of buying. OCZ did replace them, and to this day one sits on the shelf, another is used for 2 games, but backups are run monthly of it. I have NO faith in their products. Switch to a Samsung and it's been running strong for over a year. of course, this is now just a "programs" drive, since buying my RAIDR.
Although lately, I don't put much faith in Samsung's tech, since I have a TV and Home Theater that are both giving me issues, and the home theater is only a few months old... been serviced by Samsung under warranty, but still has issues. =/

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

Definitely. The original Revo, Revo3 and this drive are all bootable.

Klangfarben

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
Am I missing something here? I purchased an OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 Max IOPS 960GB PCI SSD 3 years ago that has the same specs. Besides the price, I can't see anything different from this newer offering. I'm not sure why anyone would consider this over the Samsung or Micron PCI SSD offerings.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
I own more than 30 OCZ drives, never had a problem with any of them. People
keep banging on about ancient historical fw issues. For grud's sake move on;
even Intel had issues at one point, or has everyone forgotten their bricked 8MB
problem?

Even now with so many newer models out, the Vertex4 and Vector are excellent SSDs.

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.