OCZ Intros Deneva 2, Intrepid mSATA Enterprise SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverclaw

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]lets hope there more reliable then your desktop SSD's[/citation]

They're**

Engrish 101 man.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]silverclaw[/nom]They're**Engrish 101 man.[/citation]
You forgot to let him know that he misused "then".
Should've been "than".

dgingeri

Distinguished
OK. What we next is a single PCIe x8 card with 8 SATA controllers that can have up to 8 mSATA cards attached to it and run RAID 0, 10, or 5 (hardware 5, not software) for high performance configurations, for less than $600.

After that, we need a laptop with 4-6 mSATA slots capable of running RAID 0 or 10 for high performance laptops.

G

OCZ for the enterprise? The whole IT department will be filling out rebates, fighting tooth and nail to get their rebates.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]lets hope there more reliable then your desktop SSD's[/citation]

I've had the Vertex 3 MI for about two months now with no issues to report. Are there any issues that I should be aware of?

G

I ordered 16 Deneva 2 drives, 12 480GB and 4 240GB, over $17K. After this experience, there is no way I'd spen another cent with this company. We've taken a risk and bought, instead, Crucial M4 drives, which so far are working without a hitch. Here is the OCZ debacle:

Because of SMART data issues, out of the box, we've ever only been able to use 8 of the 480GB drives (that's over $4,800 we spent that we've not been abl; it's a constant parade of switching out the four *reserve* drives with the 'new' drives that blink with predictive failure. This has been going on since Mid-August. They sent me 'fixes' that do not work - it just turned the amber blinking light to solid green, they have come by to drop of exchanges (4 for 4) and leave me with a bootable USB with the new *fix* on it, but the USB wasn't bootable and I have no way of repairing the 4- 240's and the 2- 480's that still report the issue.

This has been one big cluster-f**k since day one, and only after figuring out a higher level execs email address and including him on an email did the company start to pick up it's game in dealing with this issue.

If you value your time, do not ever consider using these drives. Find an alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.