OCZ Offering Free Copies of Far Cry 3 to Vector SSD Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssd_pro

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
Vector is a beast. I have had one since December and it is rock solid... good work OCZ in getting a bit more exposure.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
the first half of the article was about the promotion.....
the 2nd half was just advertisements for OCZ.........didn't have to include that part.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]the first half of the article was about the promotion.....the 2nd half was just advertisements for OCZ.........didn't have to include that part.[/citation]

Paid. Per. Word. ;)

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Instead of offering free shit OCZ, Get your RMA Department up to spec first. If you're going to entice to buy, i expect you to commit to your service as well.

computerdoc_67

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]the vector series are right up there with samsungs 840 pro. highly recommend, just that price isnt the best[/citation]
I bought a OCZ Vector 512GB about a month ago from TigerDirect for $499. That's less than a $1/GB. The Samsung 840 Pro is listed for $499 at NewEgg, so they are about the same price. Granted, that's not cheap by any measure, but these are both the fastest SSDs on the market today and $1/GB is about the going rate for many SSDs that don't have near these drives' performance. I'm quite pleased (so far) with my Vector drive.

I stumbled on this offer today while perusing the latest tech news and was stoked to find out it was good for any Vector drive previously purchased, as well as new purchases. So I went to the OCZ page, entered my serial number and the activation code for the Acronis imaging software that came with the drive (another nice feature of the Vector) and voila, I'm D/L the game for free at while I'm writing this post! :)

I coincidentally, was thinking about buying Far Cry 3 anyways, and since the game retails for $49, that effectively reduced the price of the drive to $450. That's not too bad at all for such a huge SSD with such screaming performance. Hopefully the drive will be reliable, as it's too early to tell, but the drive also comes with a 5-year warranty which is one of the best. I really have no complaints and this retroactive game offer is icing on the cake. Thumbs up to OCZ (so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.