OCZ Reveals Agility 3, Solid 3 SSDs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@makaveli316: The firmware upgrade issue does pretty much make OCZ drives unsuitable as OS boot disks. I used to use a 30 GB Vertex 2 as a dedicated World of Warcraft drive (pre-Cataclysm; it's now an app drive in my laptop) and it was perfect for that. I'm currently eyeing up an Agility 3 as a possible app/game drive, and other than a couple of quality control glitches that have popped up, it sounds promising.

kwanasek

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Last weekend I installed win 7 on an agility 3 (slightly slower than a vertex 3) 120GB drive. ATTO bench marks at 526 max read and 476 max write on a MOBO with AMD SB850 chipset.
To all you Intel fanboy reviewers, AMD has had native SATA 3 support for over a year and you should include AMD in your benchmarks.

G

A computer store in Australia received 20+ Dead on delivery of OCZ Agility 3 drive 60GB.

I have to say though that I have not seen any dead vertex 2 hopefully it was just a bad batch that came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.