OCZ Storage Solutions Re-emerges as Toshiba Subsidiary

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssd_pro

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
I have always stuck to Samsung and OCZ SSD's. After owning a couple dozen drives between the two I can't say one is more reliable that the other. I can however say Samsung's reputation pegs them as more reliable. The biggest difference between the two is the support. People at OCZ act like people, the people at Samsung act like bots. I like that OCZ has a forum you can go ask a quick question and get a quality, informed answer. I also think some of OCZ reliability reputation issues come from NAND used. You have to think the wafers they got weren't always the best because they had to get it from competitors. I think this partnership with Toshiba is going to be hugely beneficial to everyone: OCZ, Toshiba, and enterprise and consumer customers.

realworld

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
except for the fact they stole shareholders money for two years, lying, cheating, and forging documents, how could anyone want to support a company like that? I burned my drives. and luckily I didn't own anything with Toshiba memory.

xiinc37

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Indilinx controllers + toshiba nand sounds good to me. I think the new OCZ may be something good in the future.

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
OCZ is the number one SSD brand...for returns and failures.http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-reliability-failure-rate,2923-3.htmlWhy would you buy OCZ when they have three times the failure rate of other brands like Samsung, Intel, and Crucial. Oh yeah, you don't that's why they went under.

djridonkulus

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
My first dive into the SSD realm was when I purchased a Vertex 2 SSD. It died within months, was replaced, and died again, then replaced again. When I say "died", I mean bios could no longer detect a drive installed even though all connections I checked were okay. My third Vertex 2 seems to be fine, it's been running 2-3 years now (knock on wood). My point is, yes their reliability was kinda bad, but the plus was definitely their customer service. Prompt, courteous, and free of charge (all replacements done totally free as their depot was close by to me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS