OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Vs OCZ Agility 3 120GB

CrazyGameRR

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
After having my OCZ Vertex 2 fail on me after 9months and a small amount of web reviews i then noticed how many of they have gone bad so i have been sent an OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" SATA-3 Solid State Hard Drive as a replacement however I am at two minds on settling for the OCZ Agility 3 120GB or go for the OCZ Vertex 4 128GB. So i wanted to get some opinions and advice on the good and bad points of both SSDs.

OCZ Agility 3 120GB:

As the third generation of the Agility Series, OCZ Agility 3 Solid State Drives are designed and built to unleash the full potential of the 6Gbps SATA3 interface. The OCZ Agility 3 pushes the limits in both sequential and random data transfer rates, significantly improving your gaming, multimedia, and overall computing experience over traditional mechanical hard drives. In addition to maximized productivity, a Agility 3 upgrade makes a hard drive equipped notebook more portable than ever with superior durability and reduced power consumption. Using the latest break through controller and flash technology, Agility 3 SSDs workin perfect harmony with next generation platforms and operating systems to deliver the industry’s best storage solution.

- Capacity: 120GB
- Controller: SandForce SF-2281
- Maximum Read: 525MB/sec
- Maximum Write: 500MB/sec
- Max I/O Per Second (IOPS): 50,000 IOPS (4KB File)
- NAND Flash: Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Interface: SATA-III / 6Gbps (Backwards compatible with SATA-II / 3Gbps)
- TRIM Support (Requires Windows 7)
- Warranty: 3 Years

OR

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB:

As the fourth generation of the legendary Vertex line, the Vertex 4 Series pushes storage performance to the max and redefines the modern day computing experience. Vertex 4 SSDs are innovatively engineered to deliver industry-leading file transfer rates and superior system responsiveness, all while providing a more durable, reliable, and energy efficient storage solution compared to traditional hard drives. Designed to take full advantage of the SATA III interface, the Vertex 4 unleashes ultimate productivity, gaming, and multimedia applications.

Industry’s Highest I/O Performance Up to 120K IOPS
Incredible performance in workstation and heavy-duty environments with multiple data threads

No Compression-Related Performance Limitations
Better performance with “real world” data streams of varying “compressibility” as well as fully incompressible data such as videos and multimedia files, encrypted data, archive files such as .ZIP files and software.

Indilinx Infused™ Everest 2 Platform
Leading edge dual-ARM controller architecture enables faster performance like nothing else you’ve experienced.

Industry-Low Latency and Boot Ups
Boot up in as little as 9 seconds, and experience latencies of 0.02ms enable superior responsiveness and data access.

Ndurance 2.0 Technology
Sophisticated advanced suite of NAND Flash management increases durability and reliability to expand the NAND’s lifespan.

Industry-Leading 5 Year Warranty
Backed by OCZ’s renowned service for ultimate peace of mind.

- Capacity: 128GB
- Up to 535 MB/s Sequential Reads
- Up to 200 MB/s Sequential Writes
- Up to 90,000 Random Read IOPS
- Up to 85,000 Random Write IOPS
- Up to 120,000 Maximum IOPS
- Available in 128GB to 512GB Capacities
- Access Latency as Low as 0.02ms
- Strong Performance at Lower Queue Depths
- Indilinx Everest 2
- DRAM Cache: Up to 1GB
- 5 Year Warrant

Thank you for your time, please post.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011

Sata300 will limit your performance MAX of 300Mb/s at most and Sata600 will max out your Agility 4 to 525~Mb/s