ODROID-X: The $129 Quad-core Alternative to Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

asnorton44

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
[citation][nom]tomsreader[/nom]HDMI?[/citation]
"You can also opt for some additional features including a WiFi chip and antenna, LCD, Bluetooth, HDMI, camera, and storage modules."

blader15sk8

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]tomsreader[/nom]HDMI?[/citation]
According to the website it uses Micro HDMI, which is either the connection at the very top of the pic, or the one next to the audio connectors.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I think the GPU on the RPi is more powerful than the Mali400 on this.
Considering the RPi GPU is more powerful than the 4S GPU, which in turn is more powerful than the SGS2's Quad-core Mali-400 GPU.

G

This is not competition for the Pi, the whole point of the Pi is to make computers accessible to all no matter their financial situation. Although as computers go this is still cheap it is a long way off £30 or $30.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]target3[/nom]Now add Thunderbolt[/citation]
Oh they will. Wait until they sell a few of these, first.

With inventions like these, suddenly my vision of the future of Desktop computing doesn't seem too far off. I doubt this device, as is, can run Crysis, but give it a couple of years, then cram it into a SmartPhone and see what happens...and yes, add Thunderbolt, too.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]MauveCloud[/nom]Is that a 50-pin SCSI port along the upper left side?[/citation]
Nope, that's for the optional displays....10.1" LCD or 13.3" LCD...so, Camikazi is right, it's an expansion port.

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
That is neat. I could install it inside a drawer for clean install and run splashtop to hook into my server. Must resist. Think I'll wait for something with better gpu and more ram.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Nope, that's for the optional displays....10.1" LCD or 13.3" LCD...so, Camikazi is right, it's an expansion port.[/citation]

Yup, the connector supports LCDs. It also supports stuff that hobbyists love like GPIO, PWM, ADC, UART, I2C, and SPI.

[citation][nom]article[/nom]"...6 USB 2.0 ports..."[/citation]

Actually, it supports 7 USB ports: 6 full-sized USB host ports and 1 micro-USB slave port (supports mass storage and ADB).

It also has a MIPI CSI connector for attaching bare camera hardware and has a eMMC connector (separate from the SDHC card slot).

gallidorn

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]fonzy[/nom]XBMC?[/citation]
XBMC has been announced that it will be released on ANDROID.

There is a rough beta floating around the internet. (lookup xbmc android apk)

Status
Not open for further replies.