[SOLVED] Odyssey G9 preorder doubts any 27" Recommendations?

Nevuh

Honorable
Jun 7, 2014
Have had the odyssey g9 on preorder since May and now doubting if I actually want it. I was primarily looking for a monitor with a no bezel feel, I was predominantly planning to use it in Pbp mode and occasionally in ultrawide mode. However finding out it only runs at 60hz in PBP mode (people say its meant to be 144hz but there's been no mention of it being fixed).

I'm now thinking I'm better off going with with two 27" 1440p gsync monitors, does anyone have any advice or recommendations? Ideally both would match the design of each other and limited bezel size, would be greatly appreciated, no real budgetry constraints but ideal max would be the price of an Odyssey g9 (£1300 for both)Currently have one Asus MG279Q and one XB270HA which both feel dated now and only my 2nd monitor supports Gsync.
Predominantly I will be using for gaming/browsing the net.

Solution
Samsung is pretty good at providing firmware updates for their monitors (I have a C27GH70 which needed a firmware update shortly after launch).

Are you talking GSync (proper) or GSync compatible (FreeSync). Buying GSync (proper) these days is a poor choice IMO. It's a dead proprietary tech, even if you're a Nvidia fanboy for life.
Samsung is pretty good at providing firmware updates for their monitors (I have a C27GH70 which needed a firmware update shortly after launch).

Are you talking GSync (proper) or GSync compatible (FreeSync). Buying GSync (proper) these days is a poor choice IMO. It's a dead proprietary tech, even if you're a Nvidia fanboy for life.

Solution