Status
Not open for further replies.

Moebius078

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm confronted with a very annoying problem. Every time I open a program that is somehow related to microsoft office 2003 Professional, such as Word, Powerpoint, IE, and so on, I get a messagedialog warning me that the file "SKU011.CAB" is missing and that I need to insert the Office 2003 Professional CD.

When I try this, it does install/update some files, but in the end, it asks me to insert the CD of Windows Home Edition SP2. The big issue here is that the CD that came with my Dell 8250 desktop is SP1...

This all results into a startup where i have to click at least 9 cancel-buttons before I can finally begin using the product. This is very frustrating and slows down the system.

I already tried working around this problem, by following the instructions on this site : LISTool
It improved the situation somewhat. Instead of the usual 3 message dialogs per program, I only get one.
But once again, I have to insert the Windows SP2 CD...

Any help would be very much appreciated!

My system:
Dell 8250
P4@2.4Ghz
512MB RDRAM @ 1066 Mhz
160 GB
Ati Radeon 9700 TX OC

Have you upgraded to service pack 2? If so, look for the i386 folder on your hard drive (should be in the Windows folder) and tell it to look there for any files it wants.

Moebius078

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I've already installed SP2 quite a long time ago, but I'll describe the situation a bit more detailed:

so when i open a program, such as Word, but also UT2004, I first get a dialog that's titled "Microsoft Office Professional edition 2003". After it gathers the required info and configures office, a new dialog box is generates, which is titled "Windows File Protection" and says "Windows files must be installed for your installation to proceed. Insert your windows XP Home edition Service Pack 2 CD now."

I guess they are forcing me somehow to either buy another CD of XP (which I find a rip-off), format my hard disk (I prefer not to, because it would take a lot of time...) or hack my way around this issue.

Anyway, tnx for previous reply! I really appreciate your help.

Moebius078

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
BTW: in the "Windows File Protection" dialog, I can either chose "Retry", "More information" or "Cancel".
When I chose "More info", it says that my CD is of another version than the one installed. (SP1 vs. SP2)

tidus532

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
you can upgrade your windows XP SP1 using nlite (www.nliteos.com)
all you have todo is download SP2 from microsoft(make sure you select the right language) and nlite will integrate it in your windows xp CD and make a bootable image file, then you have to burn the image on a CD(with nero or alcohol120) or mount it with daemon tools.

jpogo77

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
This is how to find SKU011.CAB or any CAB files related to Office 2003 Professional. Insert the Office 2003 Professional CD. Open my computer, and right click on your CD drive. Then select "Explore" from the list. When the new window opens, left click on the "Tools" dropdown tab on the top on the new window that has opened. Then select "Folder Options" from that dropdown. The options window will now open. Then left click the tab at the top marked "View." A list will appear, then look for "Hidden files and folders" and select "Show hidden files and folders", left click apply and then "OK". Now try searching for the CAB file that your are missing. The "CAB" files should now be visible when you "explore" the Office 2003 Professional CD and open the "OFFICE" folder.

G

Try regedit --> hkey local machine/software/microsoft/office/11.0/delivery/
(download code) and change the CDcache from 2 to 0

Worked for me!!

G

Worked for me!!

G

Worked for me!!