Question Office 2016 Click and Run error

daveios92

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Hello,
I would like your help with my issue. I have Multi licence office 2016 installed on computer (we do new computers from bit image with office installed already) and when I want to install MS Visio 2016 or Project 2016 it pop up a error message which says that I cannot install this program base on Click and Run technology when I have MS office installed with Microsoft Windows ( whatever that means)
Does anyone has solution or any points how to solve this?

Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
There are 2 ways to install office, CLick to run or MSI

The MSI based version of Office uses Windows Installer technology, which is a traditional method of installing and updating Office. If you install Office by using MSI, you have to wait until the whole Office product is installed before you can open and start to use the product. The C2R based version of Office uses Click-to-Run, which is a Microsoft streaming and virtualization technology that allows you to open and start to use the product before the whole product is installed. Click-to-Run is the technology used to install Office 365 subscription products, while the MSI is used mainly to install the volume license editions of Office.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...3/determining-your-office-version-msi-vs-c2r/

it seems to me you have a mix of both types. You may need to contact MIcrosoft, I am not 100% sure how you get the other type.