Question Office 2019 gets to ~90% installed, takes ~5 minutes, and gives an error. [30015-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2020
I recently had issues where all office apps would say that an error is preventing it from working properly, so I decided to reinstall it. After doing so, i get error code 30015-11 when getting to the end of the installation.

I have tried using the offline installer, disabling my antivirus, removing office in multiple ways (manual, add or remove programs, office support), disk clean-up, using the administrator account, and using safe mode. I have also tried to use modify > repair in add or remove programs to solve the issue, but that gives me error 30015-13.

Windows and Windows Defender are both up to date.

(Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this)

D

Deleted member 14196

Open windows explorer
In the address bar type %temp% and press enter

This is your temporary directory and in here you will find log files related to the office install

Post the log files to some drive sharing app so we can take a look at them it will tell you why you’re getting the error

Jan 12, 2020
Open windows explorer
In the address bar type %temp% and press enter

This is your temporary directory and in here you will find log files related to the office install

Post the log files to some drive sharing app so we can take a look at them it will tell you why you’re getting the error

Any idea what the name of the log would be? There are a lot of logs.

D

Deleted member 14196

You’re gonna have to open them and at the beginning they will tell you what they are and what they’re doing Microsoft usually says Microsoft something. log or .txt

Jan 12, 2020
Last edited by a moderator:

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
did you downloaded the offline installer from your microsoft account's website ?

if yes, instead of selecting "default installer", try to go to advance and select the 64 bits installer.
the file you obtain will be a .img file
double clic on it, then go to "setup"folder, and clic on the 64bits isntaller

also, before to install, go to run -> services.msc and stop the service "windows update" while you install office. (don't disable it)
it will stop windows update from running and it will be re-enabled at next reboot

Jan 12, 2020
did you downloaded the offline installer from your microsoft account's website ?

if yes, instead of selecting "default installer", try to go to advance and select the 64 bits installer.

the file you obtain will be a .img file

double clic on it, then go to "setup"folder, and clic on the 64bits isntaller

also, before to install, go to run -> services.msc and stop the service "windows update" while you install office. (don't disable it)

it will stop windows update from running and it will be re-enabled at next reboot

I have tried offline installers and the services were already disabled. I spoke to microsoft support, but they are just trying to get me to activate windows which I do not need to do. I really dont know what to do and I really need to fix this soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.