News Office 2024 is now available for purchase at $149 — Office Home & Business 2024 will set you back $249

voyteck

Reputable
Jul 1, 2020
I use Word (Microsoft 365) extensively for copy editing. Different people work on a single file (in succession) with tracking changes option on. Unfortunately, the compatibility between different versions is rather sketchy so I still have to compare files for unregistered or inadvertently rejected changes or even read the whole thing again.

Besides, a few months ago Microsoft removed the option that allowed me to put comments on the left side of the screen (and keep docked panels on the right). It came back for a few days or so and disappeared again. So now I have to keep my keyboard in front of the left side of the screen and I effectively lost 100-200 pixels of screen estate, and had to switch off the central lighting (otherwise I would have to draw the curtains on all my windows). It's getting worse and worse.

When they remove traditional comments and leave so called modern comments only, as they say they will, I think I will quit my job, it will get too much unpleasant.

Last edited: