Question Offset Overclocking Advice.

Jan 27, 2020
New here so be gentle people!

So basically bought a Gigabyte B450m DSH3 and a ryzen 5 2600 to pair with my rx580. Personally, thought that these components would pair well.

I am well aware the motherboard really is just an entry level piece of kit but would like to push the CPU a little bit more (maybe to 4.1 Ghz if it could handle the increase in heat).

However, I really do not want this done on ryzen master. Would prefer it done in the bios. But have zero clue about Offset voltage when overclocking.

Any help would be appreciated if people have experience with this board.

Justin Sisti

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Watch some LTT on CPU overclocking if you want the basics, but basically its just trial and error for trying to get the most ghz for the least amount of voltage.

Increase the voltage in the smallest possible amounts to maximize performance and temps.

Also if you have a good enough gfx card and are only playing games, I'm sure you should be fine with any modest overclock, as we're talking a potential investment of hours in tweaking to get like 5fps extra.

Jan 27, 2020
Watch some LTT on CPU overclocking if you want the basics, but basically its just trial and error for trying to get the most ghz for the least amount of voltage.

Increase the voltage in the smallest possible amounts to maximize performance and temps.

Also if you have a good enough gfx card and are only playing games, I'm sure you should be fine with any modest overclock, as we're talking a potential investment of hours in tweaking to get like 5fps extra.

Done plenty overclocking before with old xeon processors. Just never had to use the offset voltage to do so. the bios on my current board won't let me just stick in the desired overall voltage for some reason.