Mike

Splendid

i downloaded an .ogm video file (an episode of futurama) i
played it in windows media player to see if it worked, it
did and then i stopped it because i wanted to watch it
later. when i played it later (after making NO changes to
my pc)i got a message saying windows media player occured
an error and had to close. then prompts me to report the
error, which i did. i played it in many various players and
they all occur errors. i do have all required codecs and
filters to play .ogm and .ogg files. also i succesfuly
played the file twice which leads me believe the file is
not corrupted. i have all windows updates for windows XP
SP1 and am using wmp 10.

It might be a good idea to just purchase the DVD instead of pirating it.
You might have better luck, and it's legal!

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
"mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i downloaded an .ogm video file (an episode of futurama) i
> played it in windows media player to see if it worked, it
> did and then i stopped it because i wanted to watch it
> later. when i played it later (after making NO changes to
> my pc)i got a message saying windows media player occured
> an error and had to close. then prompts me to report the
> error, which i did. i played it in many various players and
> they all occur errors. i do have all required codecs and
> filters to play .ogm and .ogg files. also i succesfuly
> played the file twice which leads me believe the file is
> not corrupted. i have all windows updates for windows XP
> SP1 and am using wmp 10.

i have the first 2 box sets. i don't plan on ruining the
set by keeping 6 blank vcds in jewel case. this is just to
watch it until i get the 40 bucks.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

it still seems to be a codecs issue. Even though you have the codecs; try
downloading again and reinstalling the codecs.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for movie maker