Question old 1980-1990 motherboard: looking for a manual

Nov 18, 2019
I've been trying to figure out who made this motherboard for about 2 months now. From what I've been told, I'm thinking this motherboard could've come from the 1980's or 1990's. This motherboard originally ran on MS-DOS but I can't confirm this because the hard drive died a long time ago. If anyone could find the manual to this ancient system or even just some info on who manufactured this computer would be greatly appreciated.

Pics of computer:
picture of motherboard top
picture of motherboard back
front on the case
back of the case

Nov 18, 2019
Looks like an Intel 386DX-33 based rig (the 386DX was originally released in 1985). That could be any number of clones that was available at the time. Are there any model numbers stenciled anywhere that you can see?
The closest thing I could find to a serial number is some code for a warranty that's long gone. Where would the model number normally be?

I've been trying to figure out who made this motherboard for about 2 months now. From what I've been told, I'm thinking this motherboard could've come from the 1980's or 1990's. This motherboard originally ran on MS-DOS but I can't confirm this because the hard drive died a long time ago. If anyone could find the manual to this ancient system or even just some info on who manufactured this computer would be greatly appreciated.

Pics of computer:
picture of motherboard top
picture of motherboard back
front on the case
back of the case
Can you post a zoom'd in clear picture of the BIOS chips? Back in the day you could look up BIOS data and find a lot about the motherboad.

Also, look for the FCC ID No., usually someplace around one of the ISA slots or motherboard 20pin, if it has one.

NVM...got it zoomed in enough to tell there's no harvestable info on the BIOS chips...but do look thoroughly for the FCC ID no. That number you think is a serial number isn't likely to be as serno's aren't etched in the copper by the PWB mfr, they're usually inked on the board or a labeled. That number is probably a PWB lot no or some such.

That's an interesting blast from the past with even and odd BIOS chips, Dallas RTC (the BEST), 80387 slot unpop'd and early memory SIMM's. Note also: AMD was still making RAM in those days. Even what looks like socketed crystal reference clocks: this board would be easily overclocked!

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
And the mystery continues. Seems you need to install some sort of HDD interface and HDD to attempt to get an OS installed. From there we can continue the treasure hunt.

I am just not seeing anything to point us in the right direction yet.

Nov 18, 2019
And the mystery continues. Seems you need to install some sort of HDD interface and HDD to attempt to get an OS installed. From there we can continue the treasure hunt.

I am just not seeing anything to point us in the right direction yet.
I now have a HDD interface installed, what OS should I use or will DOS 6.22 work?