Old Computer Display Problem

Daniel120201

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Hello,
I have an old computer and the I don't see a picture on the screen.
I have tried remove the power cord and pressing the power button for one minute,Unplug keyboard and mouse,removed CMOS battery,Removed Graphics card and plugged it in an other slot and cleaned it.The Computer isn't beeping and the CPU fan is working and I can hear noise.
What Do you think the problem is?
Thank you for help.

There's not much that can be said just from that other than the card may be dead. Or the monitor if you haven't tried it on another. Theoretically it could be an issue with the motherboard as well.

Daniel120201

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

I tried it with two monitors and I tested one of them

Basically you need to swap parts, which can really be a pain however that's all you can do.

I'd do it in this order:
1) Graphics card
2) Power Supply

It may be something else but start there and get back and I'll help if possible.

*You can also confirm the graphics card by trying it another computer. AGP is roughly 10 years old and was replaced by PCIe (PCI Express). Any PCIe card will work in any PCIe motherboard as long as the Power Supply is adequate.

The same goes for power supply. The PSU need not fit in the case to test it. Modern PSU's have 24pins on the motherboard input and older motherboards use 20pins, however most (or all?) of the modern PSU's can unhook the last 4 pins for compatibility.